IGNORED

Cramped legs???

MY '87 VENTURE HAS A HEAL/TOE SHIFTER ON IT AND A CUSTOM SEAT AND I

FIND WY
LEGS ARE BENT BACK UNDER ME WHEN I SHIFT OR USE BREAK PEADLE. THE SEAT MAKES ME SIT ALMOST ON THE GAS TANK AND PUTS THOSE CONTROLS UNDER ME. I HAVE A 30" INSEAM BUT I AM 6' TALL. Any IDEAS??? THANKS!

MY '87 VENTURE HAS A HEAL/TOE SHIFTER ON IT AND A CUSTOM SEAT AND I ffice:smarttags" />

You might try replacing the shifter assembly with one off a MKI. The MKI's are adjustable about 3" fore and aft. You can also position the highth of the toe peg to a position that feels more comfortable. It also sounds like the custom saddle may not allow you room to slide farther back. If it was originally built for you they didn't do a very good job of fitting. If it was built for someone else it needs to be mod'd.....

It sounds like your custom seat ain't fitting you right, mine slides be back into the "bucket" at the back. Rick Butler is an angel for refitting these to our needs. Is there someone there in GA that can swap seats with you for 1 minute to let you feel a better seat?

Something is not right with your seat that has you almost sitting on the gas tank....All I can add is that I'm 6'5 with a 32" inseam and have a 86 Venture that is very comfortable to ride...

When I bought my bike the previous owner had the shift lever set so high that I had to bring my foot off the peg every time I shifted...(Very uncomfortable)..After adjusting to my liking it shifts a lot easier...I bring this up because In addition to your seat could be the shifter is not adjusted to you..

I've got boards under my shifter and my ankles won't allow me to flex enough to operate either shifter or brake without lifting my foot of the board. It is really no issue, during acceleration I keep my toe on the board and drop the heel down to shift and I just pick my whole foot up to either downshift or brake. My only "complaint" is that the boards are so close to the controls that I can not use the entire board for my feet.

I've got boards under my shifter and my ankles won't allow me to flex enough to operate either shifter or brake without lifting my foot of the board. It is really no issue, during acceleration I keep my toe on the board and drop the heel down to shift and I just pick my whole foot up to either downshift or brake. My only "complaint" is that the boards are so close to the controls that I can not use the entire board for my feet.

I took the heel/toe boards off the '91 after I picked it up. Pegs are much more comfortable... when you have big feet and are horizontally challenged.... :)

I am having this same issue with my newly purchased ’85 VR that came with running boards and heal/toe shifter. I can shift ok but using the rear brake with any control is impossible for me.

This is my first week at learning what is and is not available for these bikes. Can someone share brand/model of foot pegs and standard shifter/brake levers? I too an tall and horizontally challenged so this may be the way to go for me

I am having this same issue with my newly purchased ’85 VR that came with running boards and heal/toe shifter. I can shift ok but using the rear brake with any control is impossible for me.

This is my first week at learning what is and is not available for these bikes. Can someone share brand/model of foot pegs and standard shifter/brake levers? I too an tall and horizontally challenged so this may be the way to go for me

Brake control is a matter of muscle control for your leg(s) I have no problems with it (6ft and 32" inseam). At one time Bongobob had a set of pegs floating around, if he still has them, you may be able to get them from him.

Some of the shorter of us find the floorboards keep the legs out more and decreases the ability to plant your feet. And the floorboard brake IS a whole lot different... you DO have to lift your foot onto the pedal and just takes a bit to get used to. I have a 29" inseam but rather enjoy using the boards.