IGNORED

Front Blinker bulbs? (or led replacements)

screamstone

Hey gang...

Looking to replace regular bulbs with LED's... What base do the front blinkers use? I found a good thread but it says unknown for the front blinkers.

I'm looking at these:

http://www.customdynamics.com/motorcycle_led_bulbs.htm#Genesis_LED_Clusters_

but don't know which ones to use. I'm going to get dynamic clusters for the rear, the tail light LED cluster, and the running bar with blinkers I've seen everyone posting about.

rs

I am not sure about the 2000 RSV but my 07 and most of the newer RSV's use the BAZ 3 pin type bulb for the front and the 7507 for the rear. You can pull one of them and go to the web site to make sure.

If you go with the custom Dynamics LED turn signals...you will not be dissappointed.

I have replaced all my lights to LEDs from them and they are really bright and work great.

I would also suggest the replacement tail light. The new 100 LED tail light is the brightest in the industry.

:big-grin-emoticon:

I am not sure about the 2000 RSV but my 07 and most of the newer RSV's use the BAZ 3 pin type bulb for the front and the 7507 for the rear. You can pull one of them and go to the web site to make sure.

If you go with the custom Dynamics LED turn signals...you will not be dissappointed.

I have replaced all my lights to LEDs from them and they are really bright and work great.

I would also suggest the replacement tail light. The new 100 LED tail light is the brightest in the industry.

:big-grin-emoticon:

Tail light is Already in the shopping cart!!! :-)

I think I'm going to go with the incandescent upgrade for the front blinkers after looking at it more... They're not on enough to tank my amperage available, and I always keep passing/driving lights on up front. The upgraded incandescents that kitesquid talked about are really bright when blinking up front. And quite frankly... if the're in front of me, I don't care if they know I'm turning!!! It's not worth $50 to me to have front LED's. I'll just switch to 2357's

Edited by screamstone

Does this first item (BAZ15D-3 ) look like the weird oem front flasher bulb base???

http://www.customdynamics.com/bulb_identification_help.htm

Looks like they're supposed to be dual intensity... isn't 7507 single intensity?

You want hte second item on that page.

The 7507 are single intensity with offset pins. here is the pertinent info from Custom Dynamics web site.

http://www.customdynamics.com/Images/bau15s.jpg

Single Intensity Offset Pins - 7507

I did verify that 7507 (AKA PY21W) bulb is in the front turn signals of the RSV.

BUT when you order do it by phone and tell them what bike you have and ask what fits....... that way if it does not, you could probally retrun them without a re-stocking fee, but get it in writing.....

The upgraded incandescents that kitesquid talked about are really bright when blinking up front.

Click HERE to read more

And quite frankly... if the're in front of me, I don't care if they know I'm turning!!! It's not worth $50 to me to have front LED's. I'll just switch to 2357's

Actually you should, as you don't want somebody to violate your right of way...

MOST motorcycle accidents happen to the FRONT of the bike, only about 7% are to the rear of the bike.

Read the book Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well by David L. Hough for more info.

You want hte second item on that page.

The 7507 are single intensity with offset pins. here is the pertinent info from Custom Dynamics web site.

I did verify that 7507 (AKA PY21W) bulb is in the front turn signals of the RSV.

So.... the front stock signal lamps are single intensity??? I could have sworn that they were run/blinkers.

Ugh... I've been working on this silly cart for WAAAAY too long now! I just want to be able to push "order!"

Ok... so I took them out and I have 1157's up front. The bulb has 12v32/3cp on it, and I looked it up, it's an 1157. Defininitely a dual element bulb, with a high and low indexing pins 90 degrees off the contacts.

So, mystery solved for the front. And based on your data, kite, I'll get the bright ones for up front. Thanks for the tip.

rs

So.... the front stock signal lamps are single intensity??? I could have sworn that they were run/blinkers.

Ugh... I've been working on this silly cart for WAAAAY too long now! I just want to be able to push "order!"

OOPS my mistake.....

The bike comes with 1157 in the FRONT and the 7507 in the rear turn signals........

OOPS I am sorry.

I put 2357 bulbs in all locations in my bike......

OOPS my mistake.....

The bike comes with 1157 in the FRONT and the 7507 in the rear turn signals........

OOPS I am sorry.

I put 2357 bulbs in all locations in my bike......

No problem!! I really got a lot out of your thread and also appreciate all your research for all of us, and that you share it here! I also used your threads on the passing lamps and ordered 50 and 35w par36's you recommended last night.

Thanks for shedding so much light on the subject! :rotfl:

The 100 bulb cluster from Custom Dynamics work great. I put it on after reading this site. If you want more light on the back, put in the red led turn lights, the add a Kuryakyn RTB controller. This will give you back off lighting plus runs the turns on low power all of the time. On my 09 RSV, I used part # 4613 which is a plug and play, very easy install.

The 100 bulb cluster from Custom Dynamics work great. I put it on after reading this site. If you want more light on the back, put in the red led turn lights, the add a Kuryakyn RTB controller. This will give you back off lighting plus runs the turns on low power all of the time. On my 09 RSV, I used part # 4613 which is a plug and play, very easy install.

I went with the dynamic clusters and clear lenses, so I should get RTB with red RB and an amber turn... There's a great thread with them somewhere on the site with a couple videos.

I'll also post vids when I'm done with mine...

rs:thumbsup:

Hey gang...

Looking to replace regular bulbs with LED's... What base do the front blinkers use? I found a good thread but it says unknown for the front blinkers.

I'm looking at these:

http://www.customdynamics.com/motorcycle_led_bulbs.htm#Genesis_LED_Clusters_

but don't know which ones to use. I'm going to get dynamic clusters for the rear, the tail light LED cluster, and the running bar with blinkers I've seen everyone posting about.

rs

My 2004 Midnight uses an 1157 base bulb for the front and an 1156 base bulb for the rear. I've purchased the LED clusters from Custom Dynamics for mine, but I need to get the flasher stabilizer so they will flash at the proper rate. :mo money: :mo money:

:080402gudl_prv:

My 2004 Midnight uses an 1157 base bulb for the front and an 1156 base bulb for the rear. I've purchased the LED clusters from Custom Dynamics for mine, but I need to get the flasher stabilizer so they will flash at the proper rate. :mo money: :mo money:

:080402gudl_prv:

yep- I got the metric stabilizers in my order. I decided not to go with the LED fronts, but I think I may have changed my mind... saw a guy coming at me today with really bright front runner/blinkers, and it looked nice and bright. I already ordered the clear lenses in the last order, so I will probably make the jump...

BTW- when I made my first order, they sent me a discount code. If I knew that, I would have made a small purchase first, (maybe just dynamic clusters or taillight or something) then did the "big" order when I got the discount. Just a strategy someone else might benefit from...

rs