IGNORED

Crazy vacation ended pretty good

Venturous Randy

As I posted earlier, we took this week as vacation and planned to leave out Tuesday. But Sunday night, by breaker box in my house decided to short out. We called the insurance and they said to get an electrician to fix it. That worked out well with us getting a new box and a outside disconnect that was needed, but I was going to have to pay a $500 deductible. With all that was done, we did not have the inspection sign off and official power until about Friday noon.

When the city inspector came over to sign it off, he took a good look at the box as he wanted to see if he could figure out what caused the meltdown. The main breaker was already off, but as he was pulling the rest of the breakers off, when he came to the one to the A/C-Heat pump, it was burned underneath, even though the outside looked fine. At that time I told him I had the system replaced 14 months ago due to a lighting strike. He then told me that they should have replaced my breaker box also as that was what actually caused the rest to finally meltdown. He also told me I should advise the insurance company of that and he would tell them that it should have been part of the original claim and the original deductible. I gave them, Farm Bureau, a call and they also think it should have been part of the 1st claim, so I may have saved the $500.

With all this done, Laura and I decided to take off yesterday down into the mountains of South Carolina and do some riding and spend the night. So, it comes down to getting about a two day vacation, but we had a great time and rode some roads that made the Dragon look like an interstate, they were so curvy. Given there were some times we were in some very desolate areas and I have encountered some electrical glitches on my bike lately, the thought was there, but the bike ran absolutely perfect for over 400 miles and about a million curves.

I have attached a couple if pics of the box and some waterfalls.

RandyA

That 1st waterfall has got a drop of 411 feet by the time it gets to the bottom. I did not try to hike down to get a better picture of the whole thing. The 2nd waterfall is actually two falls coming from seperate directions and meeting up together, part way down.

Edited by Venturous Randy

Seems like I was right on with my original diagnoses. If I would have known you had a Zinnsco breaker box, I most definately would've known that was the cause. I'm glad the inspector is helping you out with this, he seems like a knowledgeable and very good guy. Seems like the insurance company is coming thru, also. You might want to give Yammer their phone number!

Great pics, glad you two got out for a nice ride. Looks like beautiful country, gonna have to make it down there someday.

Dan

Tent Peg wants to know ... did you go by the scene of the "crime"?

Steve

Nope, was sceered to. Actually, we went down I 26 to the other side of Asheville then west toward Brevard then dropped off the mountain into South Carolina. This ride was to go to places we had not ridden before.

About the only road we rode twice was the I 26 section.

RandyA