IGNORED

Made it back from the smokies

CMIKE

We made it back yesterday...Great trip. Got home about 3 PM. total miles 1455.

We went some interstate and some back roads up to Maryville TN. Spent the night then headed over and ran the Dragons tail US129 then rolled over the Cherohala Skyway. Went back to Maryville for lunch then headed down through Pigeon Forge through the Smoky Mt park to Cherokee NC...no cell service or beer there so went on down to Maggie Valley to spend the night. Great rides that day for sure.

Next morning we left Maggie Valley on 19 back to Cherokee then on 441 south to 74 then to 23 then hit 64 into Highlands. Great roads there.. 28 out of there and turned on Warwoman road after we crossed into Georgia and into 76. More great roads . Took 75/17 down into Helen GA. Took 75 alt across to 129N hit 19 then 60 north back up to Blue Ridge GA. During this we stubled apon the Vogel park WOW. Went down 5 to 53 into Rome and when north on 27 up to Summerville GA. Happend apon a beautiful War Memorial there. Took off 48 to 40 to 35 into Scottsboro Ala to spend the night. Many great roads on this day.

Left the next morning on the last leg headed home on 79 to 278 across to 13S to 18 to 96 into Columbus MS. 45 South to 21 south to the house.

Great 4 day trip. Ready to go back the same route today.

Weather was cloudy most of the time but we only got a couple of sprinkles. Wore our jackets most of the time due to it was kinda cool. Almost put on chaps one day especially at the higher elevations. The wife did not get to go with me this time but life ain't over yet.

Tires are not flat in the middle no more. Got full even wear on the sides now. :big-grin-emoticon: Lots of twistys on this trip. I learned to toss this big big around those curves...hard right then throw her over to the left.

Here is some photos.

. During this we stubled apon the Vogel park WOW.

You just missed us by 3 weeks, you rode most of the same roads we rode plus a few more, now you know where Vogel is, you have no excuse to not come to the next Tail of the Dragon V @ Vogel, that would be in August 2011.:big-grin-emoticon:

Edited by DragonRider

You just missed us by 3 weeks, you rode most of the same roads we rode plus a few more, now you know where Vogel is, you have no excuse to come to the next Tail of the Dragon V @ Vogel, that would be in August 2010.:big-grin-emoticon:

August 2010? Are you sure?:usa:

Work has a funny thing about getting in the way of all the fun sometimes...I need to quit that thing called work...simply because it causes me to miss all the fun with you guys.

Anybody got a spare room for me cause the wife is gonna kick me out...if I don't go to work. :whistling: