IGNORED

Death Valley?

az1103

We have been thinking of going to Death Valley in October. Would like to do it on the RSV but wondering how the conditions are likely to be that time of year.

Does any one have any experience with that area? And particularly around that time of year? Any suggestions?

Death Valley will still be hot. Check with the Park Rangers and see how many of the facility's will be open and what roads are closed. The last time I was there was in the dead of winter, leathers all the way there, ice and snow, then Levi's and tee shirts in the valley.

We have been thinking of going to Death Valley in October. Would like to do it on the RSV but wondering how the conditions are likely to be that time of year.

Does any one have any experience with that area? And particularly around that time of year? Any suggestions?

Three of us stayed at Furnace Creek, and I think it was running 105 at the time. Had dinner pretty late, then went outside around 10:30 p.m., and it was still 93 degrees. But as dry as that air is, it wasn't really that bad from what I can remember. So if you want to take a chance, go for it and :080402gudl_prv::mustache:.

it can get real cold, i lived there on and off with the navy over at NAS China Lake but its a cool place to see

I think Oct. is a good time to visit Death Valley. Be prepared for extreme weather/temp changes. Spring is anouther good time to visit especially if you catch the wild flowers in bloom. Here is a link to the weather page. Services will be pricey so be prepared for extra costs. Have fun. Rod:080402gudl_prv:

http://www.death.valley.national-park.com/weather.htm

"DEADLY"...i suppose!:scared: