IGNORED

A Biker's Nightmare (or Daymare)!

On the way to Birmingham Thursday afternoon (on our way toTexas), we stopped to put on rainsuits because it looked like we might run into rain. :250:

Well, by the time we got the rainsuits on, the storm was just about on top of us! We decided to brave it and continue, it is a good thing we did because the rainstorm lasted 3 hours!:whistling:

The wind was a little strong and the rain was hard. We stopped in a church parking lot to put the suits on, but there wasn't an awning to get under to wait it out so we decided to brave the storm!:2132:

That was all the time I had to take pictures. We all got our rainsuits on in record time!!! :happy-emoticon:

The bikes sure look clean, don't they?!!!

Man - with that kind of front coming through - WOW. Did you consider looking for a hidey-hole? How bad was the wind?

Wind was not to bad, sure it rained, but that is what rain suits are for and we really don't like sitting things out. The first storm in Columbia, Sledgehammer and us waited that one for an hour, that one was like solid sheet of rain.

Several years ago I made a trip to Birmingham on the bike to visit Laura, who was with her mother. I came upon a hard rain and stopped under a bridge along with a couple of cars. It was raining hard and everytime a big truck would come whizzing by, it brought a bunch of water with it. After several minutes of being blasted, I finally decided I had had enough. The car in front of me moved out and I decided to take off too as I was already soaked. I had to be careful as it was so dark and grey. I took off and within a half mile I was in bright sunshine and a dry highway. If I had not stopped under the bridge, I would not even gotten wet.

Those pictures look just like what I raced coming from Birmingham a couple of years later. I ran from Gadsden to almost Chattanooga and did not get below 90mph and that was over my left shoulder.

RandyA

I remember one night I was out at Big Dudes house working on his bike, sky started looking bad, had his wife check the radar. She said it was only a little shower and it would pass over, wait till its done.

Well, been there done that, got out of there the back way with Big Dude showing the way to the state road at lickety-split speed. Managed to stay in front of it as I was watching it grow bigger and bigger. Finally got away from it about 20 miles later. If I had stayed, I'd been stuck for another hour at least and it was already 9:30 at night........

Guest Swifty

I guess that was a hell of a storm....Bobbie only got 5 pictures!!!

LOL, yeah, who needs digital video when you have a Bobbie, eh? LOL