IGNORED

I Need source for '87 rear brake disk????

Hi;

Is this normal? I got a 2nd one off Ebay and it rattles too.

It seem to work ok but is this the begining of the end for the Disks or is this no big deal?

Anyway if this is normal I can sell my Backup cheap.

Let me Know Thanke Pete

Hi;

Is this normal? I got a 2nd one off Ebay and it rattles too.

It seem to work ok but is this the begining of the end for the Disks or is this no big deal?

Anyway if this is normal I can sell my Backup cheap.

Let me Know Thanke Pete

Is there any way you can put a dial indicator on the disc and rotate the wheel? You may find that by seeing a "high" spot and taking the bolts out of the disk and rotating it 180º that it could be in the wheel if the "high" stays with the wheel location and not the disc.

RandyA

Is there any way you can put a dial indicator on the disc and rotate the wheel? You may find that by seeing a "high" spot and taking the bolts out of the disk and rotating it 180º that it could be in the wheel if the "high" stays with the wheel location and not the disc.

RandyA

Hi Randy;

I don't want to steal this thread but on both Rotors outer disks can move side to side from the Hub. It quite loose at the rivets and just kind of flops side to side about 1/8 of a inch, their tight front to back.

Oh well back to topic, their hard to find on Ebay. The front rotors are all over but the rear rotors are hard to find, if you do find on their usually cheap like $60 to $70.

Make sure the rivets are tight, mine stop the bike OK but the rattling is very irritating and for all I know they might come apart when I really need them. Seem like a really poor design.

Good Luck, Pete

Edited by Vonwolf

Hi Randy;

I don't want to steal this thread but on both Rotors outer disks can move side to side from the Hub. It quite loose at the rivets and just kind of flops side to side about 1/8 of a inch, their tight front to back.

Oh well back to topic, their hard to find on Ebay. The front rotors are all over but the rear rotors are hard to find, if you do find on their usually cheap like $60 to $70.

Make sure the rivets are tight, mine stop the bike OK but the rattling is very irritating and for all I know they might come apart when I really need them. Seem like a really poor design.

Good Luck, Pete

I learned something. I did not know that the MKII rotors were floating rotors with rivets. I thought the were like the MKI's, just different off set and slotted.

RandyA