IGNORED

Lodging in Savannah Ga

nance56

We are going with friends to Savannah in October and were wanting to know if there is anywhere reasonable to stay in the Historic District. We would love to be close to the water. Any helpful suggestions on where to stay and what to do and see would be most welcome. The Lady and Sons is a must, that I know. Thanks for helping.

We are going with friends to Savannah in October and were wanting to know if there is anywhere reasonable to stay in the Historic District. We would love to be close to the water. Any helpful suggestions on where to stay and what to do and see would be most welcome. The Lady and Sons is a must, that I know. Thanks for helping.

If your taking your bike stay off of River St....those cobblestones will kill you, not to mention the train tracks that run through there too!!

Also look into tybee island... Only about 15 minutes from Downtown Historic, but a neat place to stay... It's been many moons since college for me, but I loved tybee!! Get some beach time in the evenings! Probably cheaper, too!!!

You can also stay in Pooler or Garden City (to the west), which is also very close (10 minute drive) and it will be really inexpensive. Nothing to see in either of those towns, though!

If your taking your bike stay off of River St....those cobblestones will kill you, not to mention the train tracks that run through there too!!

we rode that street in the pouring rain, pulling the trailer one year. a nice peace officer, let us park in that little, parking area at the end of the street, without payin