IGNORED

cruise control diagnosis needed at the HUB

Guest Swifty

Guest Swifty

Wednesday afternoon, 1st gen cruise control failed today, no lights at all but when we swap out the light panel it works fine on another bike. What relays are related to the cruise control? Are they by the headlight assembly? Any other information would be helpful.

519 574-7115

Detecting an Abnormality with the Motorcycle stopped

Set the main switch to on, turn the stopswitch to run

Slide Cruise Control switch to on and check cruise control indicator light

A Dim------------ Normal

B Off ------------Indicator light or related parts are faulty

C One Flash-------Vacum Pump or related parts are faulty

D Two Flashes-----Soleniod valveor related parts are faulty

E Three Flashes---- Control Unit or related parts are faulty

Thanks Dan,

we looked at that on the manual in the thumb drive I brought, but we have no power t that control panel. I guess what were looking for is if there is a relay connected in there some how. All the fuses are good and the brake light micro switches are working properly. Thanks again Buddy and we'll keep checking this post :thumbsup2:

Looking at schematic now. No relays on the power lead to the cruise control power button. Power is on the Red/White lead. All the switches and fuses on that circuit also provide power to the TCI, so if the motorcycle runs you don't have component failure.

The "power" light is dumb. When the cruise switch is "ON" that light should light regardless of the condition of the other components.

If you don't have power on the R/W lead to the light panel it's got to be a bad connection or a broken wire.

You guys don't have anything better to do??????,,, you could chase the girls around for me if you like,,,,,, just make sure you put on your ugly face first.

Dumb question I know, but are you sure the switch is working, is it getting power, what happens if you power it directly from the battery?

Guest Swifty

...found it thanks to LA Pryor, the power wire to the switch was severed at the steering head, likely due to being pinched at the steering stops. Thanks for your help, and to all here that occupied themselves with my camera while we were working on it...pics of all those "faces" will be posted when I get back.