NO,NO, it's not what you think it is!! Last week, I had some time to kill so I wrinkled the motor. I got some black wrinkle paint from AutoZone and went to work. I like the looks. The grey that it came through with just didn't do it for me. Brian

Nice look!! How hard was that to apply? Just pain it on and wipe off the access or is that a magic trick to it? how well will it stay on with the heat ect?

That looks awesome!!

It's called "Wrinkle Finish" and I got a can at AutoZ0ne for about $8. I cleaned off the motor with orange formula engine cleaner, removed the fake fins, taped the chrome and whatever, sprayed it on and let it dry. I put multiple coats but it takes a while to dry. I was pretty dissapointed at first because the wrinkling didn't seem to happen fast enough for me, but lo and behold, after a couple of hours, the desired outcome appeared. I hope it will stand up like the directions say it will. BTW, I buffed the tips of the fins with my Dremel tool and a small drum sander attachment. Brian

Edited by boominup
Forgot some info.

It's called "Wrinkle Finish" and I got a can at AutoZ0ne for about $8. I cleaned off the motor with orange formula engine cleaner, removed the fake fins, taped the chrome and whatever, sprayed it on and let it dry. I put multiple coats but it takes a while to dry. I was pretty dissapointed at first because the wrinkling didn't seem to happen fast enough for me, but lo and behold, after a couple of hours, the desired outcome appeared. I hope it will stand up like the directions say it will. BTW, I buffed the tips of the fins with my Dremel tool and a small drum sander attachment. Brian

Sweeeet!.. sounds like one more winter project for me =)