IGNORED

Venture ties HD Ultra for best Cruiser

indydog

Rider Magazine reports on the test of Victory Vision, Kawasaki Voyager, HD Ultra and Star Venture. The results are here http://www.ridermagazine.com/output.cfm?id=2226349

Makes me proud to own a Venture.....now all those HD guys can go jump in a lake.

Unfortunately, the full report is not available on-line (at least I can't find it). Someone puhleeze post that article :crying:

i would have thought the venture would blow the harley away. if nothing else the technology would do it. overhead cam, four valves per cyl., watercooled, shaft drive, premium warranty, great price. etc. accept for the lack of injection, which i never missed, and the tape deck. it is still a very up to date bike. i would be proud to own and ride one. i loved my rstd. and could easily dust an oem harley. the only complaint i had was the handling. it wallowed when pushed hard in the curves, but it was'nt meant to be a crotch rocket. :2133:

Just finished reading the article in the Sept 09 issue of Rider. Pretty interesting a 10-year-old bike can tie for first with three newly engineered bikes. I knew there was a reason I loved this bike.

Edited by donaldj2242

Just finished reading the article in the Sept 09 issue of Rider. Pretty interesting a 10-year-old bike can tie for first with three newly engineered bikes. I knew there was a reason I loved this bike.

That's not just Interesting, thats....

IMPRESSIVE!

Well the half the price may make up for the lack of redesign

Where do you get your figures? According to the article, which used MSRP prices for all of them, the RSV is only a couple thousand less than the Harley.

Show me where I can buy a new RSV for half the price of the new Harley and I'll do it.

Joe

Well...I agree that half is a stretch but it's not hard to buy one for close to $10,000.00 less. A lot of folks here have bought new RSVs for somewhere around $14,000.00. New Ultra Classics will run in the $23,000.00 range.

MSRP on the 2009 HD Ultra classic is $20,999 with 2-tone paint and ABS.

The 2009 Venture is $18,190.

What you can actually buy them for is really up to the particular dealer and what kind of mood you catch them in.

I'm not arguing that there isn't a price difference, we all know there is. I'd still buy the Venture over the UC if the price was identical. I'm just saying....let's know exaggerate just because it's HD we're talking about.

Joe

As I said on another thread on this subject....I suspect the amount of money spent advertising in a particular magazine carries weight so far as results and product placement go. So long as Yamaha refuses to advertise the Venture you will not see it front and center in any magazine.

My friend at work just bought a 2009 Ultra Classic. He went to 8 different HD dealerships in three different states, and $24K was the best he could do. He got a few T-shirts thrown into the deal.

Don't know if he's just sucker when it comes to making a deal, but he sure put in the effort to get a '09 cheaper. Ended up buying it from the HD dealership in his hometown (HD of Greenville).

I know you can get a '09 Venture for $15K. And you won't have to travel to dealerships in 3 states to get it. :D

My friend at work just bought a 2009 Ultra Classic. He went to 8 different HD dealerships in three different states, and $24K was the best he could do. He got a few T-shirts thrown into the deal.

Don't know if he's just sucker when it comes to making a deal, but he sure put in the effort to get a '09 cheaper. Ended up buying it from the HD dealership in his hometown (HD of Greenville).

I know you can get a '09 Venture for $15K. And you won't have to travel to dealerships in 3 states to get it. :D

Actually he was just familiarizing himself with where to get service in different states when he rides. :cool10:

Guest BluesLover
MSRP on the 2009 HD Ultra classic is $20,999 with 2-tone paint and ABS.

The 2009 Venture is $18,190.

And for that price the Ultra comes already equipped with the front fender rails, the passing lights and the rear bag rails (oh yeah ... and a CD player too). By the time you add the cost of those items to the RSV MSRP, how far away are they really????

Cheers,

Lou

Here is my .02 on price comparisons between the UC and the RSV. I live in San Antonio and was looking for a new bike last winter. We were convinced that the UC was the bike to buy. We talked to the Harley dealer down the street from us. The best price we could get with the UC was 24K. This included a new seat because the stock seat was no match for the RSV and my wife said she would not be able to ride for long without a more comfortable seat. The dealer was quoting us MSRP and would not come off his price. He bragged that they "only" sell their bikes at MSRP where other Harley dealers sell above MSRP. We bought a new '08 RSV for 15K even though MSRP was obviously higher. So our purchase was not half price of the UC, but a lot less nonetheless. This post is not meant to dis the UC or owners, I like their bikes a lot. Just wanted to share my experience with pricing of the UC and RSV. We are happy with our purchase. My wife, and I, absolutely love the ride of the RSV.

Ken

And for that price the Ultra comes already equipped with the front fender rails, the passing lights and the rear bag rails (oh yeah ... and a CD player too). By the time you add the cost of those items to the RSV MSRP, how far away are they really????

Cheers,

Lou

and as a counter, how much to add the fuel injection to the RSV?

Cheers,

Lou

if that is the way you want to go how mutch to put liquid cooling on the ultra

that was a large factor in my purchase

It's also worth noting that there is a MUCH better warranty on our RSV's than the HD. I know HD builds a pretty decent machine these days, but being an oldtimer I still remember the old "ride 'em out and push 'em in" times.

I looked at the Ultra but, frankly, liked the RSV better (and momma liked it a LOT better:innocent-emoticon:

Frankly to me what's important is THAT you ride, not WHAT ya ride!