IGNORED

Clearview Shiled installed

Bigfoot

Got my new Clearview Shields installed today. Wasn't quite as easy as some said but overall not too bad. Just an FYI. I bought a blemished one due to the speed I needed it and I still can't find the blemish. Got it for 20% off. Also had the vent included. I took it out for a quick spin and even though it's shorter than the stock there seemed to be less wind buffeting around the head area and it seemed quieter overall.

One thing that surprised me what how much damage there is around the fairing where the shield was mounted before. I took the word of someone else and saw it for the first time today. It looked like whoever installed the stock shield put the bolts in way too tight. Most of the fairing was broken/cracked. Hopefully the bolts will hold it in place.

Edited by Bigfoot

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My fairing had some damage. I dont know why. I did not over tighten it but we took crazy glue put it in the pieces broke. took a small soldering tool. Propane type. got it hot grooved the broken pieces. This welds everything back together. Then went back and smoothed everything with the soldering tool. Then went across the area and made light grooves opposite the way it was broke. went over both sides with a light coat of J B Weld. Be sure not to put a huge coat of J B Weld you may not get your fairing to go back on properly. Rode to Daytona for Biketoberfest and back. Holding well. Hope this helps you.

Edited by Preacher Dude