IGNORED

WTF?!?

PITBULL

Alright I cant let this one go much more without saying something :stirthepot:.

Being and old HD guy I notice that lots of you like to bash HD BUT then you turn around and wanna load yer bike with HD parts!!! RK pipes, HD lightbars ECT....Im not pointing fingers or anything (yes I am) I just have to chuckle when I read you guys bad mouth HD then turn around and wanna make yer ride sound like one.:rotf:

I know im gonna get some responses...blah blah blah...HD this and HD that...reliablity issues blah blah blah. Whatever....bring it

Guest Vermincelli

It's not that we WANT to load the bikes up with HD parts, it's just that it's hard to resist free parts that we find on the side of the road. :rotf::rotf:

Bottom line for me is that most of the HD stuff is better quality than the Yamaha. Their chrome is better and I like the design of some items VS the Yamaha...take the turn signals for example. It was like, build a beautiful bike and then realise that "Oh crap, this thing has to have turn signals"

RK slash cut pipes look like they were designed to be opn a G2. Not a matter of me wanting it to be a Harley, just having the best of both worlds. Besides, I can't afford a new H/D otherwise I just might have a Road Glide in the shed instead of an RSV...plus I like to go fast every once in a while :whistling:

Yeah yeah emsrider..i know, im good at stirring things up.:whistling:

Ya know what guys, I will TOTALLY give you the cost arguement. You can blame the cappachino crew for that mess. Next time one of the driveway jewelry wannabes calls me "bro" Im straight gonna punch is head off! Like my new Roadie..set up alot like the Heritage but more power and a better seating position and I paid about 10 grand less. But Yamahas factory and "aftermarket" parts are HUGELY expensive. Same as HD. And a far as the old "parts falling off and reliablity" issue that I KNEW would come up....I just read that Yamaha recalled ANOTHER 3 years worth of bikes for tranny problems. But I will give ya that when AMF owned HD the bikes way SUCKED. ANd lets not even get into the 1st gen 2ns gear issue!

I guess after riding HD for almost 20 years I still gotta a soft spot for em.

Ya know what Squid.that Road Glide is a sweet bike. But you guys are right. IM not paying all that extra cash for a badge on the tank!

Now I gotta find something else to stir up!

I myself like HD bikes and I think that about half the guys that belong to this site would take an Ultra over there RSV if the price was even. I wonder why I didnt go with the Ultra when I got my RSV but when I think back my bro Mike just got his 2000 RSV and I was on an 86 1st gen and then I seen Al Bates Midnight and I had to have one. I think back then it was a want to be part of the Michigan group . I was just looking at the pitures from the first Michigan meet and eat ( look what you started Joe ). For the money I have into The Shiny One I could of had any bike I wanted . lol

it's not the HD I like to talk about or laugh at but it's the riders. So many of them draw attention to themselves as if they are looking to be laughed at. The other day I saw a very large (meaning huge belly) guy riding his HD. He was stopped at a light. He was wearing sneakers, shorts, no shirt and had a cig in between his lips. WTF? Now I would laugh at this same guy if he was on a Royal Star but he was on a HD. Too often I see stuff like this with guys on Harleys. Of course I see goofy stuff like this on sport bikes as well. Flip flops for shoe attire and such. I lke many of the HD bikes out there but quite a few of the riders are just plain weird.

I was walking in the door to buy a Harley - went to the IMS show first to make sure I was making a right decision. As I was walking out, saw the Stratoliner - thought that was a cool looking bike. Went to Yamaha dealer - didn't shop around, and bought the Tour Deluxe.

I ended up - sort of - making my rationlization this way - I didn't know any riders at the time, had stopped drinking etc and didn't want to get back into that crowd. Most of the Harley groups around here are tavern to tavern riders. I had seen STAR on the website - and so thought this might be good- get a different mfg - different group of people. The other thing that stopped me was the money as well - though as someone else said, what we (or at least myself) have into our bikes now, it would have been very easy to buy the Harley - but Harley's need chrome also.

I ended up putting a Harley trunk on my bike - why - because Star doesn't make one - and a Venture trunk (was looking for new at the time - nothing was out on EBAY etc), was costing me $2,500.00 (without the stereo speakers). THAT's CRAZY (you had to buy part by part - including screw by screw/washer by washer etc).

So, I think with THIS group, we might be jealous of all the accessories / options available for Harleys - and limited for our bikes. I would also tend to agree with the post about the attitude of SOME OF the Harley riders - but in the end, I still love my bike.

Guest kozman01

Ditto what Bigfoot said. Also, I really don't have anything against the HD BIKE itself. In fact, some of the newer models look darn nice. What I do have a problem with is the falsely inflated price for the motorcycle. I'm all for capitalism but not for a company limiting its production to keep prices atificially high because they know they can rape the customer because the customer buys into the "mystic". Again, I don't have a problem with someone wanting to spend their hard earned money however they want to, but I won't give it to a company that is obviously and shamelessly keeping their prices inflated. Also, does ANYONE think that HD isn't a corporation just like any other one? I'm sure they could care less about the customer, just like any other corporation, but alot of people who own HD's buy into that "mystic" that HD is sopme sort of magical company that THEY are a part of. And don't get me started ont he "Made in USA" thing. I buy American when it's best for me, but HD is known to be somewhat deceptive at times. They've had models that had Japanese calipers on them but the "Nippon", I believe that was it, name that was cast into the caliper had been grinded off, on a NEW model. Again, I don't mind that foreign parts are in my vehicle, just be honest about it and tell me. OK rant over, HD bikes look good and if I had money to toss out my car window, I'd buy one! My problem is with the "wannabees" on the HD's. That's where HD is possibly going to shoot itself in the foot. There going to get too popular to be "cool".

I like the look and sound of the harley and before I bought my 05 venture in Sept 05 I went to buy an electra glide ultra classic. It was the most beautiful blue and white color I had seen. I looked and looked at the bike at our local harley dealership and was begging for someone to come over and talk to me about the bike but no one did. I went home and told my wife I had found the bike we needed. Two days later my wife and I went to the harley dealership to look at the ultra classic. We walked around the bike and kept looking at people at the dealership walk past us. No one ever even gave us a hello. We walked out and never went back.

We had a friend that has an o4 venture and he let us ride it so we bought a venture. I don't like to get into bashing the reliability of the harleys because I have had more trouble with my venture than most people have with their harleys, but this is a funny story I have to tell you. This spring during bike week in Daytona Willie G. Davidson and the head engineer of harley davidson were coming through on the way to Daytona. One afternoon I was at a local bike shop where a lot of us hang out sometime. One of my harley friend's cell phone rang and he hung up the phone and said " hey everyone, Willie G. is at the harley dealership, he was coming through Albany on the way to Daytona and his bike broke down." Anyone want to ride to the harley dealership and see Willie G., and he almost knocked the door down headed to the dealership. Word spread around town and people swamped the harley dealer. I thought what bad advertising for harley, when even Willie G's bike won't make it to Daytona without breaking down. Another friend of mine that has a fat boy got word and went to the dealership. He said Wille G and the engineer were asking everyone how they liked their harleys. My friend told the engineer that his bike had pulled to the left since it was new. The engineer rode the bike and came back and said yep it pulls to the left and told my friend to cut some metal stock a certain length and put it in the front fork. My friend said he was hoping harley to do something to correct it. I was seriously considering selling or trading my bike for an Ultra Classic but I have talked to a few people that say it runs too hot. Who knows. If yamaha could correct the whine of the transmission I would be satisfied with my venture and would buy another one someday.

I think that Harley makes a great bike, the fit and finish, the design, even the motor, and I really believe that the product is worth the money. But, I bought the Venture for the V-4 motor, the water cooling, and the size of this monster. On the hwys it is comfortable for Robin, and I don't mind putting all kinds of miles on it because of the warranty. The Harleys I had in the past were great crusiers, and I really had very little trouble with em, but this time, the Venture fit my needs, and I'm very happy with it.

WOW...I get to act like a moderator. :)

OK now, I want both of you to go sit in your rooms until you can play nice.

Pitbull, I have met you and ridden with you and your wife and I know you are a good guy and have a good heart. You are making too much of this though. I think you read something into the post that was not intended. It honestly sounded like a friendly and honest request to see the pictures and to know why you gave up on the Harley. Heck....I wanted to see them too. It's NOT that you are being doubted but just that I love seeing pictures of our members past bikes. I've posted many of mine in the past.

So please, let's get this conversation back on track. I guess kissing and making up is not an option huh? :)