IGNORED

Roadside Assistance....

bugfish69

I have a 2005 RSV that purchased used on 07. It is under warranty until next year and I have transferred the warranty but I don't remember getting any information on the roadside assistance I've seen mentioned here. How can I tell if I have the coverage and get the number?

Also, if I am not covered what are your recommendations for a Roadside Assistance plan? I have been looking at the plans from AMA and MRF, but would like feedback from those who have used the various plans.

Thanks,

Jim

Guest seuadr

i've got free AMA roadside just for renewing with a credit card. something to think about.

fortunatly (knock on wood!) i haven't had to use it either.

Who is your insurance company? Lots of times your insurance policy will cover roadside assistance. Not pushing Progressive Insurance but I pay $304.00 a year full coverage. $24.00 of that pays for roadside assistance. I haven't seen anything in the owners manual except that the warranty only covers repair of the machine itself.

Guest seuadr
Who is your insurance company? Lots of times your insurance policy will cover roadside assistance. Not pushing Progressive Insurance but I pay $304.00 a year full coverage. $24.00 of that pays for roadside assistance. I haven't seen anything in the owners manual except that the warranty only covers repair of the machine itself.

you gotta be careful with that, though, many insurance companies don't cover motorcycles in their roadside assistance without an additional fee. a good example is AAA in michigan, I had insurance with them and the roadside, but unless i got the additional coverage in the roadside for RV's i was not ellegible for roadside on the motorcycle.

it's silly, but it's happened to me.

you gotta be careful with that, though, many insurance companies don't cover motorcycles in their roadside assistance without an additional fee. a good example is AAA in michigan, I had insurance with them and the roadside, but unless i got the additional coverage in the roadside for RV's i was not ellegible for roadside on the motorcycle.

it's silly, but it's happened to me.

That's why I mentioned Progressive. It's $1.00 a month extra for roadside assistance, to buy the insurance and not pay an extra buck a month is not what I would consider "forward" thinking. And you are right, many companies sell motorcycle insurance but do not automatically include roadside assistance you have to make sure and specifically ask if it's covered. Besides: Flo (the gal in the commercials) has a 900 V-Twin and she's kinda cute!

:innocent:

I have progressive insurance too and I also have the Roadside assistance thru them for $10 a year and being an old Fxrt my policy is $250 without uninsured/underinsured. I have used the roadside assistance twice. First time was to get bike towed to the dealer when my clutch master cylinder was out and a second time when I needed a battery jump. I figured they would dump me or raise my rate on renewal but they didn't. Just paid the new permium.

:2cents:

That's why I mentioned Progressive. It's $1.00 a month extra for roadside assistance, to buy the insurance and not pay an extra buck a month is not what I would consider "forward" thinking. And you are right, many companies sell motorcycle insurance but do not automatically include roadside assistance you have to make sure and specifically ask if it's covered. Besides: Flo (the gal in the commercials) has a 900 V-Twin and she's kinda cute!

:innocent:

Guest tx2sturgis

I hate to break the bad news here, but Yamahas roadside assistance SUCKS.

All they do is call a local tow truck for you, and then you get a $50 deduction off the towing bill.

Assuming the towtruck operator doesnt inflate the bill that $50, you might come out ahead...maybe...but the agency they call may or may NOT be the guy you want to do the hauling.

As always...YMMV.

like others have said. I have Progressive insurance and The Rodeside assistance is great. I used it on the old bike once and almost had to use it when my ignition switch went out. Then Sleeperhawk & 86'er came to the rescue so i called and canceled the tow truck. That saturday morning they said about 1/2 hour to get there.

Guest Oldsalt

I had to have my scoot towed to a dealer and that is when I found out my bike insurance company (Progressive) wouldn't help (they said I didn't have that coverage). Since I also have a AAA membership (they have bailed me out several times around the country while driving my cage) I called them and they sent a highly knowledgable driver and truck with all the motorcycle specific equipment. It was actually enjoyable watching a professional who knew what he was doing load, haul, and unload my ride. I don't get impressed very often but this guy made my day, and assured my continued AAA membership.

oldsalt :thumbsup: