IGNORED

Passenger handgrips needed

Does anyone have any suggestions for the passenger handgrips??

I am looking for something for the passenger to hang on to. I am changing seats to the Mustang, and the seat strap will be gone.

Not that the existing seat strap is a great thing to hang onto.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My bike is a 2008 Royal Star tour deluxe.

Edited by Joelmark

What kind of bike is it? There are different options for different models. Just a little more info and you will get a flood of answers.

BTW welcome to the Club!

Fixed, 2008 Royal Star tour deluxe.

Curious if anyone has tried to mount the passenger grab bars from the 2nd Gen Venture on a Tour Deluxe???? Seems that the 2 bikes are similar enough that they may fit. That would be an ideal solution IMO.

If so, you can usually find some at Pinwall Cycle Parts in Ohio (on ebay).

Good luck

Joe

Curious if anyone has tried to mount the passenger grab bars from the 2nd Gen Venture on a Tour Deluxe???? Seems that the 2 bikes are similar enough that they may fit. That would be an ideal solution IMO.

If so, you can usually find some at Pinwall Cycle Parts in Ohio (on ebay).

Good luck

Joe

That would be nice except the way they mount to the rear trunk mount on the Venture, which is different than my tour deluxe. The front mounting point is the same but the rear is different. Would be nice if someone else has tried to modifiy that setup???

I looked into this at length when I had my 05 rstd... never found a solution. You're right in your earlier post, the bars off the venture will not fit directly on the rstd, they rely on the different trunk of the Venture. Having said that, search some of the old posts and you may get some ideas. Some of the other members have done some amazing things with trunks and different support brackets, which may give you some ideas for passenger hand rails. Also, at one point I remember seeing passenger armrests that may help you as well. Good luck in your search.

• 2 weeks later...