IGNORED

Help with shipping new purchase royal star

aerolites

Dan here from Cajun Country, Welsh, LA.

Rode an 07 Honda Shadow Aero 750 as a commuter 60 miles round trip every day for last year and 2 months to work. Put 14,900 during this time, had 1,200 on her when I bought her.

First 2 wheeler I owned since 1972 in the Air Force.

Just won the bid on an 07 Royal Star Tour Deluxe with 900 miles, was purchased new in October 2008!

I plan on having it shipped from upper Keys (about 60 miles S of Miami) to Welsh LA.

Is it reasonable to expect the seller to handle the title transfer, warranty transfer, and be available for the shipping company? Any other hidden agendas I need to be aware of for this project?

Any suggestions on shippers?

I would love to fly down and ride her back the 1,100 miles for the first ride but work schedule have too many time constraints for last minute 3 day road trip, and this is a big step from a 750 to a 1300 v4, and an additional 250+ lbs. Although I have been flying since 1970 with over 1800 hours in the air and have operated many different and complex pieces of heavy and light equipment during my 27 year as a farmer raising rice and soybeans on 750 acres ..... OK maybe I will reconsider riding back if I am able to find reasonable airline tickets this late in the game.

Enough of my rambling, can anyone offer help on my shipping questions?

Thanks and look forward to participating in this forum.

dan

progress.gif

Usually the seller gives a signed over title to the buyer of a used machine. Other than a signature, no effort is required or needed. A copy of the origonal invoice when the seller bought the machine should be all you need to transfer the warranty using a local-to-you Yamaha dealer. Again, not something for the seller to do.

The seller should make himself available for a shipping company that you arrange for, just like the seller must make himself available for you to pick up the bike in person, should you do it that way.

Buy me an airline ticket there and back home and I'll ride it to you. I'm retired.

My sidecar should be here this week. shipping from Portland ran anywhere from $350 to $900. Some were crated, some uncrated, some open transport, some closed. Crating will add an easy $300 should you opt for that. Personally I'd check into a airline ticket and make it a three day weekend. Since your object is to get the bike home, you'll likely be driving the fast lane. might be worth it to have a local dealer/shop check it out prior to arrival. have a safe and enjoyable trip!!

Usually the seller gives a signed over title to the buyer of a used machine. Other than a signature, no effort is required or needed. A copy of the origonal invoice when the seller bought the machine should be all you need to transfer the warranty using a local-to-you Yamaha dealer. Again, not something for the seller to do.

The seller should make himself available for a shipping company that you arrange for, just like the seller must make himself available for you to pick up the bike in person, should you do it that way.

Buy me an airline ticket there and back home and I'll ride it to you. I'm retired.

I'm not sure about Florida (or Louisiana) but you need to check and see if either state requires the title to be notorized. I have had this problem before. Georgia does NOT require it to be notorized, but when I got a bike from North Carolina it had to be notorized. When I bought the Venture from Ohio we had it notorized, but I can't remember if it was required by OH or just good practice for me and the seller?

I would call my local DMV or Tag office and ask them how to proceed to make a smooth transaction. Worst case you may be delayed and have to send some forms back and forth or get a limited power of attorny. It's much easier to do it right to begin with.

Good Luck!

James

Another option, you can get businesses and individuals to bid on your transport needs kind of like an auction for the lowest price on http://www.uship.com/

If possible, I still think you should go get it!

I used this service when I bought my Time Out Camper. Was the cheapest by far and had no issues. I also didn't pick the cheapest bid, but the lest expensive bidder that had good feedback.