IGNORED

great day at WI maint.day

gac-ride

great people........great maint info.......great ride....(maybe a little warmer.:)..).....special thankyou jeff for the hosting......had to head out just when the unwind session was starting to beat the vension being out.........sure there will be pics posted when the boys work the fuzzys out this morning.lol.......thanks again.....anyone ever gets in my area on the site give a shout for some riding in S.W. WI.....later greg....:clap2:

What he said. I was also going to comment on RedRider's ride - I think he hit 90% of the best roads in & around the Kettle. Personally - I thought the temp was perfect & may have contributed to the severe lack of traffic in this often congested state forest. Hopefully we can cajole him into doing this again....late Sept or early Oct........... maybe......when the leaves are all purty?:hurts: Whaddya say, Jeff? :whistling:

Thanks again, Jeff - for hosting everyone at your beautiful place - very generous of you. And it was nice meeting everyone there and having a few laughs. Nice folks, those Venture Riders.

What they said is all true but you guys missed some great food and funny conversation. Thanks Jeff what you pulled off was amazing. Somehow you spent time fixing bikes and entertaining us too! For the folks who didn't make it or left early it was a b@// busting time. :innocent-emoticon: I mean we had a blast and no one was safe! Jeff even keeps a pony that eats venison brats. Gilbert was his name maybe he can post a pic when he gets time. Thanks again Jeff looking forward to riding and BSing with you again. Danimal

I had a great time with Jeff and all of you that were there.

I learned a lot at this event, not just about the bike it's self but about riding in general.

I also may have learned some bad things...... time to warm up the soldering iron.......

This was my first ever bike event and I had a blast.

Thanks again Jeff, Your hospitality was superb.:happy65:

Jeff,

I enjoyed the event and the company. The hotel I stayed at was perfect (big couch in the basement). Loved the ride. Really enjoyed the unwind (BS Session). All and all a great couple of days I was able to spend at your place.

Kevin

:thumbsup:

Jeff (RedRider) you certainly know how to spice up a venturerider's weekend. A whole lot of knowledge concerning the Venture, riding that surpasses anything available in my neck of the woods and comraderie that is absolutely second to none. We had a terrific time, even though we had to leave before the venison was served. We (YamaQman and I along with our friend, Walter, a Gold Wing rider) managed to get out of deer country just as the sun was setting.

For those who don't know, Jeff has the venturerider's dream garage/workshop/ retreat/vacation home, etc., complete with all the tools and hardware needed to keep these bikes in shape. I got my first look at the Carbon One adapter at work and was thoroughly impressed. Now, I've got to adjust priorities--adapter or Wagner grill. (No fair)

I also got my first look at actual carb synching procedure and believe I am comfortable enough to perform the next one on my bike. Thanx for the carb synch Scooter Bob and Jeff. Scooter said I needed one bad. Thanx also to eusa1 (Mike) for your help with those stubborn passing lamp bracket hex bolts. I will now be able to split the fairing and perform those mods which require access to the wiring inside the fairing and installing the headlight visor on MyPalomino.

In between the wrenching, Jeff led us on a ride on some awesome roads. Weather was perfect (IMHO), just enough peeks at the sun to brighten the spirit and no precipitation. We stopped about halfway through the ride at a little outdoor walk-up eatery that was nearby a quaint little park called Dundee Mill. The park had two little fishing ponds where a couple young boys were using little blue gills they had caught, as bait to catch this rather sizeable largemouth bass swimming in the pond. Not much success while we were there but they were having a lot of fun.

My camera was in the saddlebag at the time, so I didn't catch that action but I did get a few other pix of the day's events and people.

Glad you all had fun, now where's the pics? :confused24:

Ya know we can't all get up that way so we have to have pics.

Margaret

Here are few pix mini-muffin. Hope you enjoy them. Pic #1 shows KevinsDa1and our Gold Wing friend Walter discussing Kevin's bike. Thanx for all the laughs Kevin. There was never a dull moment with him around. YamaQman (aka, Roland, my brother-in-law) joined Walter and Kevin in pic #6 and YamaQman "caught" me posing next to MyPalomino in pix #19 & #20. Jeff will probably post some additional pix, including a couple of group shots--one at the foot of Lake Winnebago.

That's Jeff, our host, in pic #16, standing in front of YamaQman's '01 RSV.

Ok are you all in the witness protection program? Is that why no pics?

Margaret

Margaret,

My post of the pix must have crossed with this post, so just in case there some witness protection program participants at the WI Maintenance Day, in the words of Men In Black Agents Jay and Kay (Will Smith & Tommie Lee Jones, respectively), I will need you to look this way... o.k., I am also gonna need you to imagine a blinding bright light that will erase the memory of what you just saw.:) Have a nice day.

Jerry

To All Who Made the Trek to Fond du Lac:

Thank you for a great time. I really enjoyed meeting all of you and spending some time getting to know you and your fine machines.

Once Kevin gets an opportunity to show the 'before' picture of the beer fridge, I can then show the 'after' picture and you will understand why it has taken this long to post any pictures.

It's 3:30 in the afternoon, I am sitting here still in my pajamas, drinking water, and processing good memories of a great day thru a very slow processor.

Please understand that I also had to have the house cleaned up before Mrs. RedRider gets home or 1 of 2 things would have happened - 1) I would have no more time to ride for the balance of the summer; or worse 2) I would have LOTS of time to ride for the balance of the summer.

Not that much to clean since most of the festivities were outside. However, the pace of cleanup is a little slower than usual.

Pics and full report coming shortly.

Glad all arrived home safely.

RR

I'm not much of a picture taker, so please bear this in mind with the few pics taken and the dubious quality of same. Also, please feel free to fill in lapses in recollection since the old brain could use a good synchonization itself today.

It all began with the timely arrival of KevinsDa1 on Friday evening. We put the finishing touches on the place and headed out for fish in the truck. We then stopped by the fair and checked out The Guess Who. Back to the house to begin the initial assault on the beer fridge.

Up early on Saturday, KevinsDa1 and I head off for a 45 minute ride to the Mineshaft to meet the SE guys for breakfast. We were met by IH Truck Guy, rumn1, Flyinfool, and gac-ride. As we were being served, we were greeted by the contingent from Hammond. Jarrejx, YamaQman, and Walter the Winger made their grand entrance and sat down to partake of a hearty Wisconsin style heart-attack-on-a-plate. Good stuff.

We all headed back to Fond du Lac and began to welcome riders and to stage the fine machines for service. Ultimately, we had 3 CarbTunes going and probably sync'd 12 bikes. A total of 15 bikes came in for at least some of the weekend. I forgot to have a guestbook, so I will probably miss some of the participants. Please post on here (or shoot me a PM) if I excluded listing your presence (unless you are actually in the witness protection program) and I will update the thread.

We had: KevinsDa1, Flyinfool, IH Truck Guy, ScooterBob, Red1, RUMN1, gad-ride, jarrejx, Walter the Winger, YamaQman, easu1+wife and daughter, Danimal and brother, Jeff2053, and wkoepke.

Theresa (easu1's daughter) was a big help working on the bikes. She is going to be the maintenance goodess in another 10 years or so - mark my words.

About 2:00 we headed out for a pleasant ride thru the Kettle Morraine State Park. Some fine twisty roads with beautiful overhanging trees was par for the course. We then ran 7 Hills Road for a little up and down action.

After this, we sync'd carbs on another bike or 2 and got YamaQman's bike down in the shop to review some wiring. If any of you get an opportunity to witness YamaQman's bike, it is a sight to behold. He has added an array of LED lights that is simply amazing. There are a few pictures (poorly taken) that begin to show the extent of his work.

We took off the tank and did our best to clean up some routing of the wiring. YamaQman has a nice winter project to reroute some of the wiring now that he has gotten all the lighting where he wants it. I really look forward to seeing this bike again next year (and you too YamaQman).

Flyinfool brought some venison polish sausage to suppliment the venison keilbasa for dinner. They were very tasty. Combine this with the outstanding rumballs he baked made a great meal and desert.

All the sausages, baked beans, most of the 'kraut, summer sausage, and cheese got swilled down pronto. Surprisingly enough, the rabbit food (baby carrots) didn't seem to diminish in any way. What would your mothers think?

An award was provided for the best looking bike. YamaQman took that award although there was some tough competition with the multitude of fine 1st Gens and beautiful 2nd Gens in the running. For some reason the Wing just didn't make it to the finals (sorry Walt - very nice bike though). Roland - display the venturerider.org decal proudly.

A couple of Mr. Clean Washing Systems were given away as Garage Door Prizes to Daniman and KevinsDa1.

KevinsDa1, ScooterBob, and IH Truck Guy hung out for the night and we made the final assault on the beer fridge. While it is still standing, the shelves are much more lightly loaded than just a couple of days earlier. Also, thank you ScooterBob and IH Truck Guy for the contributions to the fridge.

You will note the virtually untouched collection of green bottles. Starbog didn't make it.

Again, thank you all for a great weekend and your contributions to making this a successful Maintenance Day. May not be able to squeeze one in again this year, but next year for sure. Now that I know a little more about what to expect, it should be easier to prepare and organize.

Ride Safely and Ride Often.

RR

Jeff,thank-you for opening up your house and fridge:whistling: for the Wisconsin MD....

You have a cool house except for that low hanging ceiling...:bang head:

Your garage is the ultimate guy cave....:D

It was great to meet some new friends and get some work done on the bikes....

The ride through the Kettle was superb.

The crew from Hammond really had some sharp bikes..:happy34:

Scooter Bob,thanks for waking me up so I could make it to my other ride today on time...:8:

What a great weekend...:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Jeff - thanks for hosting. First one I was able to make it to. It was great, sorry I could not stay longer. I have to say thanks to ScooterBob and eusa1 for their help. I accomplished or learned what I needed to.

Mike

Jeff

I hope that it was not all of those rumballs in one night that made you function slowly in the morning. I tried to warn you........:2133:.

And those were the mild recipe. :scared:

It is Monday already and I still have a smile leftover from Saturday, that was a great time.

I learned so many things there it will take a long time to implement everything.

My ride home in the dark through deer country was pleasantly uneventful, I even got to watch a fireworks display that was straight ahead for about 10 miles.

But I can see more lights (maybe a lot more) in my near future.

Jeff

I hope that it was not all of those rumballs in one night that made you function slowly in the morning. I tried to warn you........:2133:.

And those were the mild recipe. :scared:

It is Monday already and I still have a smile leftover from Saturday, that was a great time.

I learned so many things there it will take a long time to implement everything.

My ride home in the dark through deer country was pleasantly uneventful, I even got to watch a fireworks display that was straight ahead for about 10 miles.

But I can see more lights (maybe a lot more) in my near future.

Those Rumballs are really tasty. One of my boys didn't realize what they were and popped it in his mouth. He was quite surprised. Had to hide the rest of them.

Thanks again for coming and the contribution of the venison polish sausages and rumballs.

RR

Yes, It was a great time. Met a lot of nice folks, ate lots, drank more.

I haven't seen any complaints posted yet, are those 5 bikes I synched the carbs on still running?? Thanks to Mike (i think) for bringing an entire 1 gen carb set in the trunk so I could locate the screws and learn how to do those carbs as well.

And the muscle pains i my thighs are reminding me that I gave a lesson in bagger pick up 101 (not my bike this time), but it beats tearing your back out.

Thanks for the hospitality Jeff,

Later, Scooter Bob

PS. I need a thesourous. I can't believe how many different explainations there are for a bunch of guys standing around drinking beer and Bulls%&tting. HA HA

OK, Guys and Gals,

With the new information V7Goose posted about an economocal source for valve shims, I have decided to tear into the machine and do the 2 items that have scared me:

1) Set the valve clearance

2) Set the float height on the carbs

Shims have been ordered, tool has been ordered, beer fridge is still not re-stocked.

I don't know if anyone else wants to tackle this project with someone who hasn't successfully completed the task (heck, I've never even tried), but, if someone is interested in watching/supervising, I will let you know when it is going to happen.

Just to let you know, I will NOT be cleaning the garage and ManCave this time. You will see it in whatever shape it is in at the time.

However, there is still more venison in the freezer.

RR

Edited by RedRider