IGNORED

Are my antennas switched?

Guest curtismiller

Guest curtismiller

I noticed on some photos that the ant. with the little black dohicky half way up is on the left side.My 07 rsv has it on the right side.Every thing seems to work well.Do I need to just change it over,leave it alone or trace it out to radios to see if correct.Could they be on either side from factory and ok as long as they go to the right radio or

are they all the same and mine are just wrong.Maybe I am too lazy to trace it out but its hotter than hell outside. thanks in advance Curtis

I had the same problem and really enjoyed other riders pointing it out to me. Everything worked just fine so I left them as a conversation piece. When the trunk needed replacing under warranty the dealer switched the antenna. There went my individuality.:farmer:

Guest curtismiller

Well i had to do it.Grabbed tools went outside 103 degrees.Pulled right side and turned the radio on .Signal was weak.Point proved.Switched em .Probaley would have never known the difference but a least I am now politicly correct.Old boys that put it together might have had the directions in english. thanks guys curtis

The CB antenna is SUPPOSED to be on the left side. If it's not, you SHOULD care. If they are not right, you have been lucky so far but it truly can destroy your CB radio and you will not like the repair bill.

It takes about 3 minutes to unscrew them and swap sides. Why would anybody take the chance?

My antenni are positioned correctly by the radio antena does not unscrew it just lifts of the post. I cannot find a set screw or anything to hold it in place. the radio works fine and the antenna does not come off but it is worrysome that some one could just lift off the mast. Is there something I am missing?? I have only had the bike for 6 weeks. Thanks

They are bad. The antennas on the '99 models were total junk. There is no set screw, they are a press fit and many have gotten loose just as yours have. It may seem OK right now but you will eventually start getting a squeal when you key the mic. That is because now that they are lose, you will start getting some corrosion where it is slipping off. You could clean it off but then it will get even more lose. Yamaha upgraded the antennas starting with the 2000 models. Many of us have replace those on the '99 with Firestiks or some other aftermarket brand.

The CB antenna is SUPPOSED to be on the left side. If it's not, you SHOULD care. If they are not right, you have been lucky so far but it truly can destroy your CB radio and you will not like the repair bill.

Shouldn't that be an warranty item if the CB was damaged, as it is a 2007 & the dealer didn't prep the bike right. So much for the pre delivery inspections, that many shops charge for. :2cents:

are you folks saying the wiring is correct but the ant are switched?

thanks

steve

Yes, wiring is correct but the guy doing the final assembly at the dealer is installing them wrong.

Yes, I would think it would be covered under the 5 year war. My bike is a 2001... Lon out of War. I'm just thankfull the prev owner never used the CB.