Can tips/ends be put on the Venture mufflers??:think: If so, which are recommended:confused24:

I want the end of the mufflers to face DOWN a bit, due to there being a plate directly behind them on the trike conversion that may over time get heat damaged. (It covers the springs at the back):scratchchin:

Also the rubber end of my crutches will sit near there while I ride. Don't want to pull up and find a burnt crutch!! :sign just kidding: The smell of burning rubber would put the wind up me anyway!! (is it bike trouble)

There are none made for the stock RSV mufflers. I have seen some folks use the RSTD tips on them but it requires some drilling and tapping as the stock RSV mufflers are not designed to use them. Some of us have bought RSTD mufflers off Ebay and other places and use those. They are the same as the RSV mufflers except they have tips that can be turned out, down, etc. If you don't mind LOUD...Khromewerks does make a very nice set of mufflers with different tips available.

Don

Looks like with your setup there your gonna need some HD mufflers with turn down tips. Even if you put the RSTD ends on it won't change the direction of exhaust flow.

Something like the cobras on this HD.

http://www.online-motorcycle-parts.com/images/HAREX-DRESSERCOBTDSLIP.jpg

I wonder if a set of 1stGen turn downs might be made to fit?? If somebody will give me a measurement of the taper tip on a 2ndGen I'll take a look at a spare set I have to see if they'll slip over the end a little. Or... I'll go out and measure what I have and post the specs.... Which ever comes first.... :)