IGNORED

Where Does Your Job Take You?

star4772

at present my job takes me about 1 3/4 miles from the house. we are in the process of rebuilding an "air traffic control tower", that was originally started in the late 1940'2, but never outfitted with any equipment.

now , the F.A.A., has decided that in order to lure more jet traffic, into our airport, we MUST have a manned ,digitally equipped tower.the pay ain't all that great, but then i don't do anything ,except lift stuff up and let stuff down, with a boom truck! lots of time to sit and eat cookies and drink sodas!

lol

just jt

HEY ECK!!!

i have been to one of your work sites,the Canaveral launch pad!

we delivered two custom made "recovery equipment ", trailers there, right after (within one week), of 9-1-1!!!!!

talk about tight security!!!

i and my cohorts built two of the super huge trailers, that house generators and air conditioning, components, that are now used along side the shuttle when it lands. one pair of trailers, went to vandenburg, and one is in florida.

just jt

Your right on ..with the tight security...just think of the long lines if the same type security was used at an airport, prior to boarding..

I have what they call a "smart badge" that was issued to methat I carry..

It has just about everything about me on it..

It is my security pass through the gate every day and night at work and it has my Sex, Color, weight, picture ID, SS#..you name it..

All I do is swipe the badge as you would a credit card, and a guard looks at me though a camera and matches my picture on his computer and the guard opens the gate for me...all electronic..!

My profile tells you that I am a police officer. What it doesn't tell you is that I am a federal police officer. Most of the places that my job takes me to I cannot divulge to you. There is a small number of places that I have to go at random times that my wife does not even know where I am or have any contact with me for a day or two. On some rare occasions, I am not told where I am going untill the day before. The one place I can tell you about is New Mexico.

Pictures Just Wondering Where You Travel With Your Job? Here Is A Few Pic's Of Where I Run With My Semi.

It Is Route 120 West From Lock Haven Pa. To Emporium Pa.

star4772 :)

note Pic With Full Service Curb Side Gas.

my tankeryankin job took me from east too west north too south all points between for 30 years. and a suicide jokie almost took me out. so now every morning and night i take a few narcotics for the pain and a few more for other injuries. keep it between the ditches and watch for that one comming at you. four years later no change in the pain i suffer . but now at least i can ride my 2005 venture i just take a few more pain killers ....lorrie...

Ive been driving tractor trailers for about 31 years now. When I hauled freight for Preston Trucking co in the late 70's and early mid 80's I ran city but sometimes it required trips into PA. I also ran part time for Mclean out of Newburgh NY. I ran mostly into Ohio and New England. I preferred going east, which sometimes took me on 209 pa, the Ho Chi Min trail. Other times I went over the "top" by Scranton and down to I-80. Sometimes we went to bed in Clarion PA and drove across Nittany mountain in the wee hours. At 2 am, when the road is nice and frosty and foggy it sure made for an interesting trip, especially with doubles. In 1987 I left Preston and took a job as a driver for the Post Office in Flushing NY and never looked back. 6 months later I transferred to Mid Island postal facility in Farmingdale NY where I stayed till 1990 when I transferred again to Jacksonville FL. The majority of my driving keeps me local now, with the occasional out of town trip into Ga. Nothing fancy. However, a good portion of my travelling was when I became an elected union official. I held my position for about 10 years and travelled almost all over the country to seminars, training, conventions, etc. Lets see...Boston, Philly, Myrtle Beach (yes, we had an oceanfront room too), Mobile AL, Anaheim, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Cincy, Whiticha Kansas, where we spent 7 days holed up in arbitration classes. Plus almost all over florida for local seminars. Some places I rode the bike too and made mini vacations, like Ft Walton Beach, West Palm Beach and Melborne. Finally decided that 10 years was enough and now im just a regular postal slob again. We plan on many bike trips in the coming years as my health improves now.

Bubbajbi what about New Mexico. I was stationed in White Sands for 18 months. I am a city cop now.

We do some training just outside of kirkland AFB. It is just west of the base and south of the airport. If you are a cop in NM then you have probably done some training there.