IGNORED

Veteran's memorial

kenw

Here is something for all the Vets to watch, heck, evryone on this site should be outraged by it! Note that all this is with one person who never saw the memorial complaining! I guess its the US saying thanks for a job well done!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeuBB_mOFIA]YouTube - Veterans Fight to Keep 75-yr. old Mojave Desert Memorial cross[/ame]

I saw this the other day. (I can't see videos at work they are blocked)

I think at the end of the video they give an address where you can sign

a patition(sp) to try to stop the removal of the Memorial.

Stalin once said the way to destroy America is from within. The ACLU is the very tool which is getting that done.

Boomer.....who'd like to see the Indians take scalps on this one. And here is my personal greeting to the ACLU...:moon:

Thank you for making us aware of it. Petition signed.

What a shame!! with out the men and wemen who gave all and those that are at this time serving in the armed forces, this clown in oregan would not have the freedom to complain about the cross..

God Bless our vets!! and our Troops!!!

Petition signed.

Here is another story about a great veteran:

Ed Freeman

You're a 19-year-old kid. You're critically wounded and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley, 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam. Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is half way around the world, 12,000 miles away and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.

Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter and you look up to see an unarmed Huey, but it doesn't seem real because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.

Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.

He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire as they load 2 or 3 of you on board.

Then he flies you up and out, through the gunfire to the doctors and nurses.

And he kept coming back, 13 more times, and took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient Ed Freeman died on Wednesday, March 25th, 2009, at the age of 80, in Boise, ID. May God rest his soul.

We all owe our gratitude to those that serve!

Guest seuadr

One of the guys I went to church with was a chopper pilot in vietnam.. the stories he told.. we owe alot more than just gratitude to vets and members of the armed forces.

it's sick and sad that the meme crowd can cry and moan to get something they don't like removed. the guy is a freaking roman catholic!? i mean how the heck do you get offended BY YOUR OWN RELIGIOUS SYMBOL?

guy needs to be whacked in the nuts every hour on the hour with a cactus untill he relents.

just my humble opinion, though.:stirthepot:

IMHO this Country has a long way to go in restoring patriotism AND appreciation for those who have served and are serving today.

One of the toughest things I had to overcome when I joined the Patriot Guard 3 years ago was this: Folks in their cars actually flipping the bird to the Funeral procession as we made our way through the streets.

I don't know the specific REASON for them doing that.....Figured if I stopped and asked them I would end up being charged with assault,manslaughter,or outright murder.

Boomer........who surely believes there are people in this Country that are NOT worth serving and dying for.

Guest seuadr
Folks in their cars actually flipping the bird to the Funeral procession as we made our way through the streets.

I don't know the specific REASON for them doing that.....

it's because we are self importatn as a society these days, it's no longer take care of you and yours, and the golden rule, it's me me me and where's mine.

people no longer feel privelaged, they feel entitled.

entitlement is a nasty thing. it breeds self importance and a poor attitude to those that are seeming to slight you. it goes from an inconvenience, to an out-right insult to you, personally, as the most important person in the universe.

it's sickening, and there are alot of people out there that should be really happy i'm not in a position of power i could abuse to the end of straightening them out.

:eek:

I can certainly understand this type of incident getting folks dander up, but for those signing the petition, you are a day late and a dollar short.

But, just in case anyone is really interested in facts.

This case went to court in 2002. The court held in favor of the petitioner. In 2004 it went to the appellate court. The Court of Appeals held in favor of the defendant. In 2007 it moved to the US Supreme court. Finally, in June, 2009, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the US Govt. The memorial is to remain...

Guest seuadr

AWESOME!

i had a discussion about the ACLU and another monument to our fallen and veterans and someone mentioned that it was unfair to only have christian symbolism there as many different religions and creeds fight in the us. i couldn't help but agree. I believe the answer isn't to tear down all the christian ones, but allow other religions to be represented in memorials within the scope of the origional monument.

it's silly it has to be if i can't have it, no one can.

AWESOME!

i had a discussion about the ACLU and another monument to our fallen and veterans and someone mentioned that it was unfair to only have christian symbolism there as many different religions and creeds fight in the us. i couldn't help but agree. I believe the answer isn't to tear down all the christian ones, but allow other religions to be represented in memorials within the scope of the origional monument.

it's silly it has to be if i can't have it, no one can.

Very true...

Not sure if this had any influence of the original suit, but it was filed after the government denied a petition to erect a memorial for Buddhists at the same site.

Our government is very particular about what religions (beliefs) will be recognized on federal property. For example markers bearing Atheist and Wixon symbols are not allowed in National Cemetaries.

Thank you so much for the heads up on this. As a Vietnam vet and having spent 28 years of my life defending the rights for jerks like the person complaining about the memorial, it makes me sick to my stomach that there are people in the world like this.:325:

Petition signed.

Here is another story about a great veteran:

Ed Freeman

You're a 19-year-old kid. You're critically wounded and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley, 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam. Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is half way around the world, 12,000 miles away and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.

Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter and you look up to see an unarmed Huey, but it doesn't seem real because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.

Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.

He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire as they load 2 or 3 of you on board.

Then he flies you up and out, through the gunfire to the doctors and nurses.

And he kept coming back, 13 more times, and took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient Ed Freeman died on Wednesday, March 25th, 2009, at the age of 80, in Boise, ID. May God rest his soul.

We all owe our gratitude to those that serve!

Correction regarding the death of this HERO.........

Medal of Honor Recipient. Ed W. Freeman passed away on Wednesday Aug. 20, 2008

Link:http://cmohs.org/news-detail/7/%5BWEBROOT%5Drecently-departed-recipients.php

Regards and respect.........Boomer

If you aren't familiar with the IA Drang valley and the actions of men like Freeman watch the movie, We Were Soldiers Once, and Young. Or better yet, read the book.

I have a tough time watching some of the movie but I think it is one of the better movies I have seen.

If you aren't familiar with the IA Drang valley and the actions of men like Freeman watch the movie, We Were Soldiers Once, and Young. Or better yet, read the book.

I have a tough time watching some of the movie but I think it is one of the better movies I have seen.

WELCOME HOME BROTHER.

Boomer......who can't watch any movie about the Nam as he has his own movie playing in his head sometimes.

Thanks Boomer. My "movie" was a lot drier than Nam. I have to tell you though, when someone says Welcome home, I think about the line from the movie where they are about to deploy. I can't phrase it right but it was about home being with your fellow soldiers. Guess that I kinda agreed with that. Spent the first couple months back in the states PO'ed that I wasn't still with my team. But thanks for the welcome, and welcome home to you as well.

The Army has a program now where they allow some of the guys that were badly wounded, amputees, etc. go back to the places they were at when they had to be evacuated so that they can get some closure by leaving on their own.