IGNORED

internet explorer 8?

Guest seuadr

Guest seuadr

so, my computer just decided it was time to install internet explorer 8.. normally, i avoid upgrades from microsoft, because well.. they never seem to work right out the gate.

so anyhow, i decided to go with the upgrade this time, because from 6 to 7 was great!

and... alot of my webpages are loading much,much slower than with 7, anyone else experence anything like this?

simple sites too, like google and my webmail site.

thanks in advance for any insight:

- Jared

I have given up on using Internet Explorer and now use exclusively Mozilla Firefox. I have not had a problem with Firefox and it is a lot more stable with less pop ups. Microsoft I believe has dropped the ball as far as web browsers and is now trying to catch up, but that is just my thoughts on the matter.

I installed V8 2 weeks ago. It seems quirky and I really don't like it as well. However, its supposed to fix some of the security problems in the previous version so I'm here to stay.

The speed seems about the same, usually.

Guest seuadr
I have given up on using Internet Explorer and now use exclusively Mozilla Firefox. I have not had a problem with Firefox and it is a lot more stable with less pop ups. Microsoft I believe has dropped the ball as far as web browsers and is now trying to catch up, but that is just my thoughts on the matter.

i may switch.. i've never had a problem with Ie.. so i've been using it because, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, ya? but so far 8 is letting me down. i don't know if it's my computer, or what, but i'm just not that into it.

Guest seuadr
I use Maxthon web browser ... been using it for years and years ... I've found nothing that entices me to change ... am I the only one as I never see any one else in here mention it.

wow man, i'm glad you mentioned this. i just downloaded it and started using it.. alot more open than IE and it runs WAY WAY faster on my computer.

i'm pretty pleased with it.

also it imported all my favorites and browsing history automatically! even saved all my logins!:banana:

I'm a Chrome user. I like the way it works. Mostly.

I used to be a BIG Opera fan but every now and then I would have a compatability issue so I went back to IE until Chrome popped up.

Which reminds me... I think I'll check out Opera again. I stopped at 7.x and now they are up to 9.x and 10 in beta.

Edited by BigBoyinMS

Me too. I've used Firefox for years with good results.

I too love and use Firefox,(no problems), now how do ya stop the stupid pop ups for IE8? I ain't used IE for a couple of years and never on this computer, but I can't make them stop. Can someone please get them out of my head????:crying::crying::happy-emoticon: