Lt. If your looking for white walls your pretty limited. I believe that the 404's are your choice if looking for front and rear matched set. Other companies make fronts in ww and some the rears in ww. Why they don't make both is truley a mystery. I have the Dunlop 404's on my 99 which are the wide white walls and I like em. I quess us folks that run the WWW are just special and they're just not enough of us.

Bill

I run the Dunlop 404 WWW and am pleased overall with the performance. I used to run Metzler 880 WWW front (they did not make a rear WWW then) with a Bridgestone WWW rear, but I hate the Bridgestone in rain and the Metzlers started to give me problems after the third one (belts breaking internally). The Dunlop won't give you the high miles, but at the price they handle very well and probable $ for $ are a great deal.

:farmer:

Now wait just one HECK OF A MINUTE!!!!

When I asked about whitewalls on this and other boards, everyone told me not to get them - 'they are too much work to keep clean'.

Now that I bought Blackwalls, suddenly there are all kinds of advice on what to get!!

craigr

:missingtooth:

I found the 404 WWW front tire at M/C Superstore with the, at that time, 10% discount it was $98.00 with free shipping.

Yeah, it is a PITA to keep clean, but an occasional shot of Westley's Bleach White and a rinse with a hose keeps it really clean as long as the bike is in motion :whistling:

Now wait just one HECK OF A MINUTE!!!!

When I asked about whitewalls on this and other boards, everyone told me not to get them - 'they are too much work to keep clean'.

Now that I bought Blackwalls, suddenly there are all kinds of advice on what to get!!

craigr

:missingtooth:

You didn't ask the right people!!! I have run WWW since the first set of replacement tires in 03. I will say that then, nobody wanted Dunlop 404's since they had a problem with the white yellowing. That is why I went with the Metzler/Bridgestone combo.

:farmer:

Guest Saddletramp

I run the Metzler ME880's. Have to go to a 170 tire on the rear to get the WWW however. They do fit on the rear!!!!! Not much clearence but with better than 3000 miles I haven't had a problem with the Metzler at all. Dunlop comes in the stock sizes, Avon is available in a 130 front tire and stock sized rear. Seems as if there was a less popular brand that fit also that was available in WWW.