IGNORED

Texas to Michigan - 24-July -- ish

LilBeaver

Howdy folks:

I am planning a ride from Lubbock, TX to Brighton, MI beginning on 24-July (possibly the 25th depending on weather).

I will depart Lubbock around 4am ride East to Wichita Falls, then hop on I-44 north to I-35, continue up through Wichita, KS and probably stop in Emporia, KS (about 1/2 between Wichita and Kansas City) for the evening.

25-July: Next day I will continue up I-35 up through Des Moines where I will pick up I-80 and continue East until arriving in Davinport, IA, where I will be staying the night. (A good friend of mine lives there, and they are not too far out of the way).

26-July: Leaving Davinport, I will then be able to take my time to putter across Northern Illinois to end up in Spring Grove, IL or Gurnee. I will be there for 1-2 days visiting my newest nephew (who is about 3 weeks old) and Also give my neice her first motorcycle ride!

28 or 29 -July: Depart Spring Grove/Gurnee and head for Brighton, MI via I-94 (probably take the Tri-state (294) around chicago - but we'll see when I get there). I'll stay on I-94 Until Battle Creek, where I'll shoot up I-69 to Lansing (With a stop in Mason to drop off my passenger) Then on to Brighton.

I will be in Brighton, Walled Lake, Clarkston, Mason, Jonesville and various other places for that week.

I will start my ride back to Texas sometime between the 4th and the 8th. I'm hoping to be able to stop in Marble Falls, AR for a day or 2 of the rally, but I am not sure what my schedule is going to be like while I'm up in Michigan (I will be with some family that is only doing so-so and they are the main purpose of my trip. So depending on what happens, I may or may not swing through AR).

As for the details of my return trip, I have not decided. It will largly depend on how much time I will have to come back. I may go south through Nashville (visit some more family) then putter on over to Marble Falls, or I may need to just take the most direct route possible home... We'll see -- I'll be taking it a day at a time.

ANYWAYS, I wouldn't argue with some company through various parts if you wanted to meet up or whatever just let me know.

Hope to see you all in August at the Hub!

Gdspeed

- Rick M.

Edited by LilBeaver
AK is NOT Arkansas... Oops - I guess I should review some basic US Geography...

Howdy folks:

I will start my ride back to Texas sometime between the 4th and the 8th. I'm hoping to be able to stop in Marble Falls, AK for a day or 2 of the rally, but I am not sure what my schedule is going to be like while I'm up in Michigan

I would love to make that ride, but don't have any vacation. (I owe my company a few hours still)

Your detour to Alaska should be quite exciting!:witch_brew:

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP!

Alright, since my bike is behaving again and the weather is looking quite beautiful I will be hitting the road before the first sparrow fart tomorrow morning!

Keep your eyes peeled for two dorks on a silver/green RSV!!

Rick M.

BUMP!

Alright, since my bike is behaving again and the weather is looking quite beautiful I will be hitting the road before the first sparrow fart tomorrow morning!

Keep your eyes peeled for two dorks on a silver/green RSV!!

Rick M.

Rick,

My cell is 810 531 5128, would love to get hooked up with you while your here....be safe and have a great trip :thumbsup2:

Call me when you get together. I'll make the trip down and maybe the wife can come too?

Art~ 810-877-3006

Sounds like a good reason to have a Meet&Eat lunch to me. We unemployed could meet just about any day.

Joe

:thumbsup2:

Sounds like a plan guys!

I should be arriving in Michigan Tuesday late morning/early afternoon (maybe a little bit later depending on when the g/f ends up getting ready and whatnot).

I have stuff planned already for Saturday (late morning through the evening) and Sunday (pretty much all day).

There was talk with my parents about taking a ride up to traverse city (actually Kingsley) along the western side of Michigan and staying with some family then coming back the next day. I think that will be a Thursday/Friday adventure, but I do not know for sure yet, that one is up in the air still.

Anyhoo, we can figure something out in the next couple of days. I am not sure if I will be bringing a computer or not so I may not be back on to check things out until sunday (When I get to my sister's) or Tuesday when I get to my parents. But I'll keep an eye on this when I can so we can firm something up. :)

Maybe Wednesday the 29th?

SteveB:

I was thinking about stopping in/near KC for breakfast. If we go on my schedule I will be there by 6 or 630am... BUT, since I have a traveling companion she will ultimately decide the schedule so we'd probably really be looking at 730 or 8ish.

I'll give you a ring tomorrow when I make it to Emporia and have a better idea of what kind of travel time she lets me have. :)