IGNORED

WI Maintenance Day - Looking at July 18th

RedRider

Hey RR,did you mean the Mineshaft in Hartford?????????Your other post said Heartland..

I will meet you guys at the Mineshaft for breakfast (it's right on the way) and follow you back to your place...Just me,it's Shari's turn to be the responsible parent...:crackup::crackup::crackup:

I will probably spend the nite......:yikes:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey RR,did you mean the Mineshaft in Hartford?????????Your other post said Heartland..

I will meet you guys at the Mineshaft for breakfast (it's right on the way) and follow you back to your place...Just me,it's Shari's turn to be the responsible parent...:crackup::crackup::crackup:

I will probably spend the nite......:yikes:

Ummm .. Yeah, Hartford. Sorry.

Just found out today there is a balloon rally in Harford of Saturday. If we get going soon enough, we may be able to stop by the Hartford Airport early to watch the balloons for their morning shakeout. The actual rally is later in the day when we will be wrenching. However, I meet with a guy today that lives next to the airport and he advised they get going pretty early. However, we will be somewhat pressed for time in the morning with the need to get back here in time to meet the others coming in.

RR

Ummm .. Yeah, Hartford. Sorry.

Just found out today there is a balloon rally in Harford of Saturday. If we get going soon enough, we may be able to stop by the Hartford Airport early to watch the balloons for their morning shakeout. The actual rally is later in the day when we will be wrenching. However, I meet with a guy today that lives next to the airport and he advised they get going pretty early. However, we will be somewhat pressed for time in the morning with the need to get back here in time to meet the others coming in.

RR

So,what time are you figuring?????

Do you park in the back or the front???????

YamaQman (2001 RSV) and I are going to make this ride regardless, but we want to be included for carb syncs--tools and time permitting. We plan on leaving NW Indiana (Hammond) at sunrise on Saturday and should arrive in your area around 9:00 A.M., hopefully in time to catch the group at the Mine Shaft. If not, plan to meet you at your spread. We will also be accompanied by a friend riding a Gold Wing, so total would be three.

We plan to be back home by sundown, so we will probably head out around 4:00 P.M. Soft drinks would be our beverage of choice.

I am also having some difficulty removing my passing light bar to begin to split the fairing. Can't seem to find the right ball end allen wrench. I would appreciate some help on that issue as well. Thanks for putting this MD together. It will be great to finally meet some of the VR members and put faces to some of the user IDs on this site. Also great to add another state to my map.

GPS is loaded and waiting. Ride safe.

Yeah, I have that beer allergy, too. When I drink too much of it, I get dizzy, then my togue swells up & I start to mumble incoherent things and eventually I fall over and barf. :rotf: I must also have a whiskey allergy and wine allergy - 'cuz the same thing happens when I drink them. :confused24:

YamaQman (2001 RSV) and I are going to make this ride regardless, but we want to be included for carb syncs--tools and time permitting. We plan on leaving NW Indiana (Hammond) at sunrise on Saturday and should arrive in your area around 9:00 A.M., hopefully in time to catch the group at the Mine Shaft. If not, plan to meet you at your spread. We will also be accompanied by a friend riding a Gold Wing, so total would be three.

We plan to be back home by sundown, so we will probably head out around 4:00 P.M. Soft drinks would be our beverage of choice.

I am also having some difficulty removing my passing light bar to begin to split the fairing. Can't seem to find the right ball end allen wrench. I would appreciate some help on that issue as well. Thanks for putting this MD together. It will be great to finally meet some of the VR members and put faces to some of the user IDs on this site. Also great to add another state to my map.

GPS is loaded and waiting. Ride safe.

We look forward to having you all. We always welcome anyone from The Region (my mother is from Hobart - GO BRICKIES!).

Softdrinks will be available and we should have at least 2 CarbTunes ready to go. Ride safely.

RR

So,what time are you figuring?????

Do you park in the back or the front???????

We will try to park in front, but with the Balloon Festival in town, not sure there will be room. We are going to try to get on the road by 8:00 (we will aim at 7:45) which should get us to the Mineshaft by 9:00 easily. If we are early, we will save a spot for 2 or 3 extra at the table.

An hour feed and back on the road home by 10:45 to start wrenching.

In the famous words by Flounder "Boy... This is going to be great!!"

RR

ihguy

you coming up 45, if so I get on at Hampton ave, or either exit north or south.

let me know expected time. otherwise meet at mineshaft

Work - carb tune, plus I have carbs off the 89, would like to bring along and someone show me what to tear into on them. No replacement parts for it yet.

Anything else I can learn.

Will not stay overnight.

WOW actually make it to something.:thumbsup:

Mike

Wooo Hooo!

Talked my way out of my other commitment for Sat morning.

I will be meeting you at the Mine Shaft at about 9.

The mine shaft is about half way there for me.

I know it is not much for some of you iron butts, but this will be my longest bike trip since '85 when I went up to the EAA show.

Ok so I'm wimpy.......

Now I have baking to do tonight so I can bring one of my famous treats. I just hope it does not disintegrate on the way up.

See you all on Saturday.

I'll be the one drinking the caffeine free soft drinks.:happy-emoticon::innocent-emoticon:

Mike

I will be coming up 45 to 41 to 60, If I don't see you or Dan on the way we'll meet at the mineshaft.

Edited by Flyinfool

Wooo Hooo!

Talked my way out of my other commitment for Sat morning.

I will be meeting you at the Mine Shaft at about 9.

The mine shaft is about half way there for me.

I know it is not much for some of you iron butts, but this will be my longest bike trip since '85 when I went up to the EAA show.

Ok so I'm wimpy.......

Now I have baking to do tonight so I can bring one of my famous treats. I just hope it does not disintegrate on the way up.

See you all on Saturday.

I'll be the one drinking the caffeine free soft drinks.:happy-emoticon::innocent-emoticon:

Mike

I will be coming up 45 to 41 to 60, If I don't see you or Dan on the way we'll meet at the mineshaft.

Outstanding! Just don't use any of those military flares in the baking of your treat.

RR

(to others wondering about this reference - somewhat inside Cudahy humor - the Patrick Cudahy meat processing plant that has been a fixture in Cudahy for over 100 years had a huge fire July 5th that was started by a military flare. It was an accident from a couple of knobs shooting off fireworks and flares).

And what was really scary was the fact that my house is the closest house to that 186,000 pound tank of anhydrous ammonia that was in the middle of that fire.:225:

Because of that tank, they evacuated a 1 mire radius around the fire, 17,000 people had to get out NOW.

I just looked at the weather, I guess I will have to see what I can dig up for water proof and warm digs to wear.

That fire started on the 5th and is still not out.

Edited by Flyinfool

OK -I'm out of here. Heading home to do final preparation for the MD.

If anyone needs to get a hold of me, call my cell (920) 602-0864. May not get back to the computer till late.

Everyone ride in safely. Looking forward to the festivities.

RR

RR,

Not sure I'll get the small group over there or not...still don't know what the ride route is for tomorrow. If Tim (Stealth1) says we're going to be close, I'll give you a call....otherwise, you all have fun :happy65:tomorrow.

Curt

ihguy

you coming up 45, if so I get on at Hampton ave, or either exit north or south.

let me know expected time. otherwise meet at mineshaft

Work - carb tune, plus I have carbs off the 89, would like to bring along and someone show me what to tear into on them. No replacement parts for it yet.

Anything else I can learn.

Will not stay overnight.

WOW actually make it to something.:thumbsup:

Mike

Mike,let's meet on the Hwy.45 northbound on-ramp for Hampton ave. @7:45.Leave @8:00..

Flyinfool and anybody else,is more then welcome...:happy34::happy34:

Just returned home from RedRider's WI maintenance day, w/o any problems. YamaQman and Walter had a few more miles to go but should be home by now. Fatigue will only make room for one word description of today's happenings....AWESOME!!!! Full report tomorrow.

Jerry