IGNORED

My 297 km off Road Trek

E-Fishin-C

I wanted to see how this KLR 650 performed off road with these Dunlop 750.Got to my destinations Thru wind,rain and mud

Sand................................. Horrible

Gravel ............................... Squirrely

Hard packed with gravel........ very good to a point where I love placing the rear end 90 degree to the front around corners

Im having :bighug: this scoot

Got a back packer fishing rod that will fit on that scooter? I don't see a rod holder mounted anywhere?

That would be a waste of $$$ . Charlie tends to pass out on the boat and drop them overboard . Blames it on a big whopping fish that got away !!!!!! :crackup::crackup::crackup:

BEER30

The KLR is a fun machine. The first ride I took on it was in fine powder sand in the Francis State Park in SC. I had never been off road before and it was quite a bit different. The guys I was with just advised to do exactly what you would least expect to do. When the front end starts to wash out, give it the gas. Sure enough, it comes right around when you do it.

My new Sargent seat just arrived today. I couldn't stand the stock 'board' for more than 150 to 200 miles. We will see how this goes.

Also, have installed HappyTrails hard panniers, Nerf bars (crash bars), highway pegs, raising links, Acerbus hand guards, 1" bar risers, master cylinder protector, aluminum skid plate, Zumo mount, 4" extended windshield, official Kawa KLR tailbag. Done the license plate mod, de-Californication, added IMS pegs with springs, and footpeg lowering brackets. Made and installed a 4" tool tube. Also have a 12V electrical plug and a 16 tooth sprocket to put on once I get time. It is never ending.

PM your address and I will send you a throttle lock for this baby. It is a Cat O-Ring that fits between the bar end and the throttle hand grip. I got 3 of them when I ordered. Now that I installed the hand guards, they no longer work for me. Will have to use a Cramp Buster.

Still need to do the Doo, 22 cent mod, and drill out the slide. Once that's done, the only thing left is to add extra lights (HID), perhaps a fork brace, some tank panniers, and ride, ride, ride.

This baby is taking me to Prudhoe Bay in 2011.

However, farkles for the KLR sure are cheap compared to the Venture.

Great pictures. Enjoy yourself, but be careful. It is a long way to the ground on this bike.

RR

• 1 month later...

Got a back packer fishing rod that will fit on that scooter? I don't see a rod holder mounted anywhere?

Here's a pic of my custom chromed fishing rod holder. It's a sink drain pipe extension from Lowe's (about $4).

I cut a square hole on the inside so one of the square shouldered carriage bolts holding the ball platform to the side rail would fit through it, and just tightened it down. There's a long machine screw and nut across the bottom to support the fishing rod from the end, not the grip.