IGNORED

HD Exhaust for 2007 RSV ?

I been wanting to change the exhaust on my RSV now for a while.

It's all most impossible to find a used set of exhaust for the RSV. I heard most of them, and liked the sound of the Khromewerks

the most.

I'm giving up on trying to find a exhaust system ( slip on's ) and am looking into buying

some HD exhaust slip on, being the HD exhaust are so much easyer to find

Whats involed with adding the HD slip on's to the RSV?

Also, any suggestions as to which HD exhaust fits the RSV?

I did find these on our firms here , and wondering what they sound like, and whats needed to add them onto the bike:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/2157/cat/7

Another concern we had, was the Khromewerks slip on's wasn't to loud. We wanted a nice deep rumble out the back, but somthing that wasn't to over welming that would over power the radio and communcation's, as we ride allot 2-UP, but also wanted somthing for the Friday night rides, where we want to crack the throttle and hear the exhaust, like the HD's.

Thanks for your help

Edited by FL-Venture-Rider

I been wanting to change the exhaust on my RSV now for a while.

It's all most impossible to find a used set of exhaust for the RSV. I heard most of them, and liked the sound of the Khromewerks

the most.

I'm giving up on trying to find a exhaust system ( slip on's ) and am looking into buying

some HD exhaust slip on, being the HD exhaust are so much easyer to find

Whats involed with adding the HD slip on's to the RSV?

Also, any suggestions as to which HD exhaust fits the RSV?

I did find these on our firms here , and wondering what they sound like, and whats needed to add them onto the bike:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/2157/cat/7

Another concern we had, was the Khromewerks slip on's wasn't to loud. We wanted a nice deep rumble out the back, but somthing that wasn't to over welming that would over power the radio and communcation's, as we ride allot 2-UP, but also wanted somthing for the Friday night rides, where we want to crack the throttle and hear the exhaust, like the HD's.

Thanks for your help

Nice slipons for the price, you will need the special plate bracket or P-Clamp bracket to mount them under the bags though.. I have those slipons on my bike now and the colder outside the better they sound.. They certainly aren't LOUD by any means but do sound more manly than the OEM slipons.

Check out articles for various 'stage' setups to make them deeper / louder..

I too am looking for something with a little more BARK in them..

I also found these on Ebay for $125.00 starting bid, and their also the Khromewerks, but their for a HD. I wonder if they would sound like the Khromewerks made for the RSV, being their a 3" pipe etc?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390062518405&viewitem=&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&salenotsupported

Also how much is the brackets, and where can I find them?

I think my boss has a set, HD OE slip ons,he will sell for $40.00 plus shipping. They are off an 02 Electra glide. Will fit like the roadking, but no slash or downturn, have a set on mine and like the rumble.

Let me know.

Daryl

:12101:

Edited by Holly
added info

Marco;

The KROMWERKS on my 07 were actually made for a Harely, KROMEWERKS just adds the adapter bracket so they will bolt up to the Venture muffler hangers and sells the kit as part number 68050.

The installation instructions say the mufflers are for F/L 85 to 98 and Touring models.

The brackets to adapt them to the Venture is part number 680855 (left) and 680856 (right) along with the nut plate part number 2099801 (one needed for each side).

If you can find a used set on Ebay or someplace else you may be able to order the brackets and nut plates from Kromwerks.

Marco;

The KROMWERKS on my 07 were actually made for a Harely, KROMEWERKS just adds the adapter bracket so they will bolt up to the Venture muffler hangers and sells the kit as part number 68050.

The installation instructions say the mufflers are for F/L 85 to 98 and Touring models.

The brackets to adapt them to the Venture is part number 680855 (left) and 680856 (right) along with the nut plate part number 2099801 (one needed for each side).

If you can find a used set on Ebay or someplace else you may be able to order the brackets and nut plates from Kromwerks.

Hey Steve, thanks ! Were meeting at Dixie Crossroads tomorrow in Tittsville, then going north through the Wild Life Refugee.

Call me at 321-288-3073 if your intrested in going, were meeting a Kawa Normad group for lunch.

Now that I know the Khromeworks you have were off a HD, I'll go ahead and drop a bid on them.

What does the brackets run?

You can also buy the brackets right here off the forum. Do a search and you'll find who sells them now or you can make your own brackets.

Any slipon to fit any Harley touring bike, Ulta, Electra, RoadKing, RoadGlide will work on the Venture with those adapter brackets.

You can also buy the brackets right here off the forum. Do a search and you'll find who sells them now or you can make your own brackets.

Any slipon to fit any Harley touring bike, Ulta, Electra, RoadKing, RoadGlide will work on the Venture with those adapter brackets.

Thats what I need to know. Now that I know any HD exhaust will work, I'll start shopping on Ebay for some exhaust :)

Thanks!

Marco;

Steve I found these, but they have a cross over built into them.

Are yours like these? Will these fit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390062518405&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AWNA%3AUS%3A1123&salenotsupported

I went looking out on eBay and found a lot of HD slipons from Roadkings etc, similar to the ones I have on mine now.. and not expensive either..

But in the process I also found these:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Harley-Davidson-LaRosa-Touring-Chrome-Slip-on-Mufflers_W0QQitemZ190313214252QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2c4f8d312c&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|301%3A0|293%3A3|294%3A30

Any idea if these would these work on a Venture?

• 4 months later...

Hey folks, I have found a set of HD Mufflers on ebay. I want to know how I can tell if these will fit my 2007 RSV. I have no clue what to look for except what I read here. Here is the ebay link... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200333851766&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

thanks,

Smalltowntx

• 1 month later...