IGNORED

Am I in the wrong?

Sideoftheroad

Just a warning, I tend to get wordy and detailed when it comes to this. So this might be long.

I live in Indiana and have Verizon home service. We have 2 phone lines. My wifes work required it at the time and they paid for both. Her work recently said we only require one line and we will only pay for one line.

We will use Line A for the primary (home) line and Line B for the secondary (work related) line.

We thought great, we will drop the line A. So we called and it was confirmed at the end of May line A was disconnected. Line A was connected to 2 phones and 2 satallites. Line B was connected to just the work phone.

Well we didn't thoroughly think it through as Line A is also connected to the satallite dishes which if not connected to a phone line charges us $10 (we have 2 receivers). What we were trying to accomplish at this point is reconnect Line A and then disconnect Line B.

So we called back a few days later (this would be around the beginning of June). We were told it would be back on at midnight by the next day. Check the phone line, nothing. Ok, we will give it another day just in case. Checked the next day, nothing. Called Verizon and was told it would be on by midnight. Checked the next morning and nothing. In the mean time we are getting letters saying the phone line was connected. We are also getting voicemails asking for us to call them back to confirm we wanted the line connected. We have an order # and a confirmation #. Some people could not find the confirmation # or if they find it, they can't see any notes in regards to it. The same thing would happen when I gave them the order #. We would litterally call back everyday and sometimes at least twice in the same day. Everytime me or my wife would call in we would get different answers, sometimes different promises and promises broken. Sometimes a rep would read back to me the notes in their system (big mistake). Well they have recorded conversations that actually contradicts their notes and I asked on several occasions to have those recordings pulled (and of course they haven't been). They will tell you that phone calls are randomly recorded. This isn't true. I work in customer service. They are all recorded. Some get randomly pulled for quality review. A company isn't going to have some calls recorded. Just think if something were to go to court.... Company so and so, customer has all the documentation. Where is your documentation. Well the conversation didn't get recorded....That ain't gonna happen.

A rep told me they would credit us for one day. ONE DAY. I don't think so. At that point we had been dealing with this issue for at least a week now. We do not have inside wire maintenance agreement which means if they do any work related to the wiring inside the house, they will charge $90 every 30 minutes. We were told by at least one rep (under recorded call) that any/all charges for repairs under line A and B would be waived. The connection fee would also be waived (found out later the rep noted for a $25 credit). Talked to another rep and they say Line A-no charges, Line B-charges unless if messing with Line A causes Line B to go out. After countless reps and supervisors in multiple depts....I would talk to a repair dept. rep who would say they have no authority to waive charges. Ok who does....so she sent me to her supervisor who also said they can't waive the charges. Then why did your rep say you could? supervisor said, billing dept can. Ok get me over there. billing dept is saying they have no authority to waive charges. WTF.....

The problem with the line A after it they said it was reconnected was no dial tone and if you call into it, it would ring busy. This tells me whatever button they pushed at the office to reconnect it, they did not do it correctly as there was nothing wrong with the phones before we disconnected it.

So after 2-3 weeks we finally got a tech out on Wednesday. He got it to where if you call, it would ring, but if you were to pick up the handset, no dial tone. He told my wife that he was going to mark his work order as completed and then for us to call Verizon to get inside wire maintenance and then tell them the phone line isn't working so it would be fixed for free. Some people can do that. We can't. Wife called Verizon back said it still is not working and she has to have a working line since uses it for work. The guy had left and I told my wife to check line B just in case. Sure enough it doesn't work which tells me the tech just switched the lines. Now at this point we have 2 non working lines.

Another tech came out that day, confirmed the 1st tech did switch the lines. This tech fixed it to where we now have phone service on Line A on 3 phones (the jack for Line B actually has 2 ports so you can plug into Line A or B) but no satellite so it is partially fixed. He also gave us his supervisors phone # to call and talk about the wiring issues and related charges. This tech also said there is some bad wiring in the cat 5 wire. Whatever that means. Since that is inside the walls, we would have to charge you for it if we repair it, but no charges for what he did.

A 3rd tech came out yesterday and said we came because we heard of the issues (sounds like they were just trying to help out). My wife said no because we don't agree to the charges (and were told by cust. reps there would not be any)

So yesterday I called the tech supervisor. I don't know who this Jackhole think he is, but he was extremely rude. I do not take that so I gave it back. I have a call into his supervisor (who is supposed to call me back on Monday) because I will not tolerate anyone talking to me they way this guy did.

I started talking to him about the situation. After only a couple minutes he said let me interuppt. He said he is familiar with the situation and he wanted for me to understand that they would charge for the repairs for any inside wiring. So I started asking questions since he was familiar with it. He said I don't know I have 125,000 customers. I asked if he thought (asking for his opinion) if the satellite company did the wiring. He said I don't know who wired the house. I didn't ask whether you knew or not, I asked if you thought the satellite company could be responsible for the supposedly bad wire. I do not believe it has anything to do with the wiring. The connections were just fine before they disconnected line A. He said what do you want me to do, go back to the office and look everything up. He said No I am not going to do that as he was at home. Well you said you were familiar with the situation. Either you are or you aren't. Which one is it? He reiterated again (very sternly) that anything related to the wiring they were going to charge us for it. I said they why when I call into Verizon they are telling me differently. He said, I don't know you probably just talked to some cust. service rep. I don't care if I talk to Obama. It is legally documented recordings. It if was said you are libel to do it. So at this point we are both hot. He said I told you I will personally be out tomorrow (better not be there when I am at home). I told him I didn't hear you say you would be at my house tomorrow. He said did you hear me this time. He also said did you hear me when I told you, you will be charged for fixing the wiring. I asked then why did someone come out to our house that day. He said I don't know, no one told me about it. I asked why is someone coming out on the 29th. I don't know....what do you want me to do about it. I have 125,000 customers. After a couple more minutes of this I finally said go ahead and come out. If there is anything that needs to be fixed related to the wiring then we will take it to the next step. He said consider it done.

I was hot, very, very hot. I went out to mow the lawn to try and calm down. I couldn't do it. So I picked up the phone. The 1st person I spoke with at the Verizon office, I said I need to talk to the repair dept. No questions asked and got transferred. Next person. I don't want to talk to a supervisor. I want to talk to someone above the supervisor. Got the highest level management that I could (whatever level that was). I started going off that NO ONE EVER TALKS TO ME THAT WAY!!!!!. I explained the whole situation and what this Jacka$$ supervisor said. She agreed that they are professionals and he should not have acted that way. So I said she would contact his supervisor and he would call me today. I got a call today from that supervisors office stating he is out of the office and would call me on Monday.

So the long and still never ending saga is still going on.

Edited by Sideoftheroad

Little late now, but what you should have done is gone out to the box and moved your line A connections onto line B. The satellite boxes would have been able to phone home on line B and you wouldn't have to pay for another line.

so opinions wanted. Do you think I am wrong in after pretty much 3 weeks at this point, The service promised wasn't fulfilled and now due to this jacka$$ supervisor, definetly anything and everything related to either phone line should be free of charge regardless of what needs to be done.

My feeling is, if they would actually look at their systems on whatever button they originally pushed, then they can fix the issue there as there was absolutely nothing wrong with the wiring before they disconnected line A.

Also I will post pics. I think it was the 2nd tech on Wednesday left a bunch of wires hanging out of the wall.

I am just about to file with BBB and also I think phone utilities are governed by FCC. Not sure what local governing body there would be that I can file a complaint with.

Verizon SUCKS!!!!! This spring they refused to fix our land line because the fat slob of a technician refused to crawl under our deck to fix the junction box. He said we had no right putting in the deck where we did, and we would have to tear part of it out so he could work on it! Funny thing, the previous technician, a couple of years ago, replaced the junction box and put in a new one and had no problem crawling under the deck to do so. There is approximately 3 feet clearance under there...

To make a long story short, after several service requests and many calls to them, I puled the plug on them along with our cell phone coverage. I how have the cable company doing our land line and my cable bill is the same as it was before, and we have a much better cell plan thru AT&T for less than what we were paying for the land line plus the cell phone bill, by about $20 less a month!!!

Tel Verizon to eat your shorts and switch everything over to a different carrier that actually cares about it's customers! BTW I now have service 24/7, not Mon - Fri 9-5!

MiCarl,

Also want to mention they said they could fix the supposedly bad wiring (for a cost), we could have an electrician fix it (for a cost) or we could fix it. Since we don't know how, that leaves the 3rd option out.

They also said the wiring the tech you can narrow which wire is bad by process of elimination. You just plug it in. Whatever you are supposed to plug in and where you are supposed to plug it into. I have no clue)

I puled the plug on them along with our cell phone coverage....

Tel Verizon to eat your shorts and switch everything over to a different carrier that actually cares about it's customers! BTW I now have service 24/7, not Mon - Fri 9-5!

I am pretty much at this point. I have their cell phones too. I know plenty of people that are happy with Vonage home service. Only thing I don't like is if you dial 911 it goes to a national office and then to a local one.

You aren't wrong. I have been on a rampage the last few weeks dealing with incompetent companies. I hate to be negative, but I don't feel there is any hope for the United States. We can't do anything right anymore. There was a time when customer service was important but today companies don't care. There was a time when if someone told you they were going to do something it was done. Today customer service reps will tell you they are going to do something and they don't. Let me give you a horror story. One of our insured's came in the office to pay. His policy canceled the previous day so we had to call the insurance company to get the ok to accept the payment. The company said to get a no loss statement signed and mail the payment to them and they would reinstate the policy. A no loss statement states that the insured hasn't had a claim from the time the policy cancelled to the time the payment is made. We did that. Two weeks later we received the payment back from the company stating that the policy was cancelled. Duh! We called the company and they said to get another no loss signed with current dates and mail the payment and they would reinstate. The CSR with the company said to write attention Tina in bold letters across the no loss statement and it would be handled. We did that. Two weeks later we received the no loss statement and payment from the company stating the policy was cancelled. I called the company and explained what had transpired on this policy and the CSR said I would have to get the customer to sign another no loss and mail it with the payment to the company. I told her that was unacceptable as we had already done this two times and it wasn't right to even ask the insured to come in again. She said sorry, there is no other way to handle this. I asked for the vice president of customer service and got that prick, uh, excuse me, gentleman on the phone and explained what had transpired. He told me we would have to get another no loss signed. I told him we had done that twice and each time it was returned. I also told him our insured was going to think we were crazy and didn't know what we were doing. I also told him it just wasn't right to ask the insured to come in again. The VP of customer service said, " You will either get a new no loss signed are we won't reinstate the policy." I said, "If this is the kind of service we are going to get from your company we may need to think about placing our business with another company." He said, "If you don't like our customer service maybe you need to place your business with another company." I said, " I'm going to take you up on that offer," and hung up the phone. I wrote a two page letter to the president of the company telling him what happened and told him to cancel our contract immediately. I never got a response. It's no wonder the US can't compete and sell or service a product anymore.

I know some people that have Vonage and like it. I just don't like the 911 issue in that if you call you get a national 911 office and they will switch you to a local 911 office.

Magic Jack is pretty new (but so was Vonage) but might still look into it.

So the supervisor and his crew never showed up and never called giving an explanation. I called the repair manager (who previously said she would let this guys supervisor know) a call again and let her know. She said she couldn't understand why this supervisor is behaving this way. I said it doesn't suprise me and I have my doubts he was ever going to come. I told her that my wife was getting ready to work so they can't come out now. He needs to work around my schedule. I'm not working around his.

I also called the secretary of the supervisor that is supposed to call me on Monday. It went directly to voicemail which kinda tells me she may have left for the day. I left a message saying I need to talk to someone now. I didn't care if it was her or the supervisor of the guy who is supposed to call me on Monday. I told her that no one talks to me this way. I have been a Verizon customer for a very long time. I said there are now 2 options. Verizon flips the bill for any charges related to get these phone lines fixed or we will cancel which we will do on our own (in case they get the bright idea of cutting us off today)

Ehhh, this is the watering hole for just general conversation, doesn't really have to be motorcycle related in this forum. If you want that type of legalism may I suggest membership in the "Other" website...:stirthepot:

I'm fine with membership in this website, bongo bob. Pardon me for inquiring. It just seemed to me that we were getting a little mean spirited.

I didn't understand the post either which is why I asked.

Mean spirited isn't my intent. I am ranting about how I feel about this situation and also asking others if maybe I am just plain being stupid about this.

When you lose your cool you can start saying/doing things that maybe you shouldn't (this posting might be one example LOL).

Opinions at times can help bring things into prospective and open your eyes to what you (me) am being dumb about.

If this should be deleted or locked, I am sure the moderators will jump in and let me know.

Edited by Sideoftheroad

Kevin,

I agree it would be easier. All we want is for things to be exactly the way it was before we disconnected the line. I think they owe it to us at this point. Heck I am trying to give them money by paying the bills every month and they don't want it apparently. For whatever reason they don't seem to be willing to help (yet). I may lose the battle and war on this but I am trying.

I could be wrong but I still believe it doesn't have anything to do with the wiring inside the wall. It worked perfectly before we disconnected the line.

My theory is that they made both lines primary or secondary so the system thinks they are running on top of each other. Before any of the wires were touched by the techs, I would call the phone # from my cell phone it would ring busy (but no dial tone from the phone connected to the line) which also makes me think the system thinks the lines are running on top or each other. I was told that was impossible. I am sure that if someone at the office that pushes the button to (re)connect the line would actually look at how it was reconnected, I am sure they will figure it out that it is possible.

there may not be anything wrong with the wires in the wall and it almost sounds like they are trying to get you to suffer for shutting part of it off so now they want you to pay in more ways than one??? Sounds fishy to me for what they are doing. Good luck

We have Verizon also and about two years ago we were without internet because they told us they have our DSL account number was assigned to another person and that person closed their account and in turn ours was shut off also. How there can be two accounts with the same number they never explained to us but what a hassle to get reconnected. This took about 20 phone calls and two weeks it was a mess and we really thought about going to cable at that time but my wife wanted it right and to be reimbursed for all the headaches. We finally got two months free and a higher internet speed. But again if it was up to me I would have just went to another carrier and screw them.