IGNORED

devils triangle

latchkey

rode the devils triangle in oliver springs tenn. 529 curves on a mountain side. dam makes the dragon tail a ride in the park. we found out about this from some guy at the gas station. it was on our way to the skyway so we rode it. has anyone here rode it?

will worth the ride if you have`nt.

I never have really understood what is so special about the "Dragon". Years ago back when it was just another back road, a friend of mine drove a winnebago across it pulling a dune buggy with a boat behind the buggy. It was just another road. All the back roads around here (east TN) are great bike riding roads.

I never have really understood what is so special about the "Dragon". Years ago back when it was just another back road, a friend of mine drove a winnebago across it pulling a dune buggy with a boat behind the buggy. It was just another road. All the back roads around here (east TN) are great bike riding roads.

It's like some brands of motorcycles. Nothing special, but it sure has some good propaganda that goes with it. :innocent: :stirthepot:

I love the Dragon, but there are a LOT of roads just east of there that will turn you inside out with thier turns, they are just not advertised so you have to get out and hunt em down.:banana:

Hey Latch, The wife and i rode that stretch of road about 6 years ago. We had been to the Honda Hoot.If i remeber the pitch of the road was much steeper in some of the switch backs there then anywhere on the Dragon. But i guess just about any place down there is steeper piches then New Jersey:thumbsup2:

I think the "Tail of the Dragon" represents an......."Id like to do that once" location for a lot of riders. Partly gue to the PR and partly due to word of mouth from riders who don't have curvy roads in their back yards. I prefer the roads that get you there! (and I don't mean interstates)

That is a cool road. First time I ever rode it we followed the marked state route 119, down Tower road into Careyville. Next time across we stopped at Shea and looked to the left, wondering where that road went. Nice road, at least until it turned to gravel about halfway up the mountain. Came out about 4 mile north of Caryville. That was first year Tina was riding, she didn't have quite enough experience to know to be scared of the rocks, so she did fine. She later told me if i could do it, she could too.

I hear the prison is closed now. Wonder where they moved James Earl Ray to?

This it? Pics from 1995

Edited by Bob Myers