IGNORED

Help with carb sync. Knoxville, TN

It seems like the answer to every engine question on this forum is either "carb sync" or "Sea Foam".

My bike is running fine, but at certain speeds/RPMs it seems kinda buzzy for lack of a better word, and I can feel a vibration in the handlebars.

I think it should be smoother. I was wondering if there is a kind soul in the Knoxville area who has experience with syncing carbs and wouldn't mind helping me do mine.

:bowdown:

Sorry, but your a day late...well a coule days late

You should have posted this LAST WEEK....

I was just in Knoxsville over this past weekend with my wife.

I could have brought my carb tune with me and did your carbs for you last Friday night or saturday night or even sunday morning.

If you cant find anyone to do yours, I will see what arangements you and I can make to meet up in Chatanooga, and I will do them for you there.

Afterwards, we can have lunch and our favorite cold drinks.

just for the few that don't know,

what is the proper sinc, for a 2007 venture?

Brakepad,

I use a Carb Tune meter to sync the carbs.

Once all four vacuum mercury columns are level, your in the grove...............:thumbsup2:

Each bike is different, and there really is not a set setting that fits them all.

this is way I was asking, the 05, is 31 across the board, the shop said my 07 is 40 across the board. I thought maybe you knew. (Our wise one)

I really feel it depends on the vacuum meter wouldnt you agree?

I mean, I'm have no idea what type vac meter your shop uses v/s my Carb tune meter. :confused24: , and beleive me, I am NOT the wise one, but lucky at times.

Sorry, but your a day late...well a couple days late

You should have posted this LAST WEEK....

I was just in Knoxville over this past weekend with my wife.

Yeah I know. I heard about it too late and was tied up all weekend. I wish my wife and I could have hooked up with you guys.

If you cant find anyone to do yours, I will see what arrangements you and I can make to meet up in Chattanooga, and I will do them for you there.

Afterwards, we can have lunch and our favorite cold drinks.

That would be cool. If nobody around here has the gauge and the know-how, we'll talk.

The object of the Carb.Sync. is to have all four Carbs. pulling the same amount of Vacuum at the same time. The actual amount of Vacuum the engine is pulling is not the issue as far as the Carbs. are concerned, (although I have used the Vacuum measurement to find other problems) it is the fact that all four Carbs. pull the same Vacuum. The screws (A,B,C,) that adjust (misleading word here) the Vacuum actually BALANCE the amount of Vacuum BETWEEN the Carbs. you are setting. If you look at a Carb. Sync. as Carb. Balancing, then it is much easier to understand.

Hope this helps,

Earl