IGNORED

Voyager Classic

DonWood

Hi Everyone - I too am considering putting a Voyager on my 2009 Venture S. I seem to remember somewhere that it said the side saddle bags would not open with the kit on. Can this be true?

Does anyone have a Venture with the classic kit that can tell me for sure? That would make a big difference to me.

Thanks for the info.

Don

Don,

This has nothing to do with saddlebags, but here is a note from one of my previous posts;

One word of caution is that some insurance companies, like the little green lizard, will not insure a bike with a Voyager kit. Voyager can tell you who will. Not promoting them, but I had insurance on the Burgman with a company called AnPac. Another one if I remember correctly is Dairyland Insurance.

Walter

Edited by wes0778
correct a typo

Hi Don,

Just had my voyager kit fitted on my 2007 RSV, and the side panniers will open but not all the way (enough room to have access) you need to be careful as the lids can hit the outrider fenders. I am going to put some 3M scotchguard film on the lids, so there will be no damage :happy34: Will let everyone know how that works :confused24:

Thanks Aussie Annie for the information, I will be curious as to how the scotchguard tape works for you. When you say they don't open completely, does the lid at least open to the full upright position?

Don

Hi All - I did check with GEICO yesterday and they will insure my bike with the voyager on it. I don't know if it is because I am a current customer and not just a new customer trying to come on board or not, but they will cover it.

Don

Yes, the lids open to the upright position :thumbsup2:

Thanks Aussie Annie for the information, I will be curious as to how the scotchguard tape works for you. When you say they don't open completely, does the lid at least open to the full upright position?

Don

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone:

Well, I have decided to take the plunge and get a Voyager for my Venture. There is a fellow in York, PA that orders them and installs them so i can do a quick turn around. He had a very reasonable install price and he has done lots of them so I felt comfortable having him do it.

As soon as he gets my deposit check (which I sent Monday morning), he will order the Voyager and once he gets it I can take the bike over to him in the morning, around 8:30am and he will have it ready for me by 5:00pm that evening.

I am looking forward to getting this on, as the Venture with my wife and I both on it is a little heavy for me and I don't feel that comfortable. By myself I am ok, but when I add my wife on it is just too heavy for me.

Oh well, I guess that happens when you get older but still want to keep riding.

Take care everyone.

Don

I have a friend with a bad back and knees, put a Voyager kit on his Ultra Classic. He loved it so long as he never got into a position to have to back it up. Fortunately, he could turn it around on a dime with the Voyager kit on. Boy a reverse gear would be perfect for a rig like that. :080402gudl_prv:

Hi everyone:

Well, I have decided to take the plunge and get a Voyager for my Venture. There is a fellow in York, PA that orders them and installs them so i can do a quick turn around. He had a very reasonable install price and he has done lots of them so I felt comfortable having him do it.

As soon as he gets my deposit check (which I sent Monday morning), he will order the Voyager and once he gets it I can take the bike over to him in the morning, around 8:30am and he will have it ready for me by 5:00pm that evening.

I am looking forward to getting this on, as the Venture with my wife and I both on it is a little heavy for me and I don't feel that comfortable. By myself I am ok, but when I add my wife on it is just too heavy for me.

Oh well, I guess that happens when you get older but still want to keep riding.

Take care everyone.

Don

Don't forget to watch the helpful video (on Voyager web site) on the handling of the outrider :happy34: And practice in a car park, or similar to get the "feel" of how it corners etc.

It sure is a great way to (a) keep riding, and (b) keep your big bike:happy34:

Hi Everyone - Sorry about the previous thread, I hit the wrong key.

Well I got the voyager installed yesterday and am very pleased. My wife and I feel much more comfortable.

Claude with Gladfellers York County Trikes got it for me and installed it. He was a great guy to work with. So, if anyone in the area of York, PA needs a voyager or a trike, or trailer, I would recommend Claude. Great guy!

Well, I better quit typing so I can go riding. We love it!! :dancefool:

I too am giving some serious thought to getting the Voyager Kit. It will especially be appreciated when riding in the Mardi Gras and Christmas parades. I have read where the trike conversions almost always call for some kind of steering mod. Is that true with the Voyager also? And if so, is the steering mod part of the kit?

Hi All:

I will try to get some pictures on before long.

As to the steering question - Yes it is hard to steer but you get used to it. There is no steering assist that comes with the kit. It is rough riding on a rough road but very smooth on a nice highway.

But, having the ability to not worry at stops, about grass, about gravel, etc makes up for the rough ride at times.

Take care all, I will try to keep you informed as to how things are doing with the voyager.