IGNORED

RK Pipes with Cats.

I bought a set of RK pipes and one has a Cat. I'm concerned about uneven back pressure on my 2005 RSV I just got. How deep does the Cat go and what size hole should be drilled through it ?

Also does it matter on the RSV which side the dimple on the RK Pipe faces. If not I can just buy a single pipe without the CAT. There some poeple on EBAY selling the pipes separately. So I can use 2 lefts or 2 rights which ever does not have the Cat if it doesnt matter which way the dimple faces.

The cat isn't going to hurt your flow, dont worry about it, just use it. The pipes are pretty much side specific, you wont be able to install the opposite side on as no mounting holes will be present. If your going to remove the baffle plates I suggest that you drill 1/4" holes in them instaed of cutting them out with a hole saw. Law enforcement in some areas are giving tickets for modification of mufflers by sticking night sticks in the rear of the pipes. If it goes in without hitting that plate, your getting a ticket. With the 1/4" holes it will still leave enough web in there to stop anything shoved in it.

Just did another RK swap for a friend, I center drilled the CAT then used a sawzall to cut it out. The Cat is about 4 inches deep. I used a 1 1/8" metal hole saw attached to a piece of 1/2 in. ready rod 18in long to punch out the baffle plates. Cut/ fab'd his mounting brackets, did the swap. He's smiling!

Must be a sight to see a uniformed officer on his knees jamming a nightstick up a muff! I think I'd graciously accept the ticket for the chance to get that image on my cell cam!

Renne

Ride Easy