IGNORED

it blew

footsie

I ordered a classic radial, dealer said it was built by cooper, I told the tire dealer ( who I have known for years) to lube the bead with murphy lube, but he did not and blew the tire trying to seat it. so now I have a khumo ordered, will try again monday.

My ears are still ringing.

Gregg

If it’s that hard to get on the rim how hard will it be to take off??

Strangly enough... they pop right off when needed. I'm really not sure why.

I blew up my first one at around 120 PSI.. it was a Nexum. My second was a Kumho... it seated at 110PSI... I used Pure dish soap and tire Ruglyde for lube.

Guest curtismiller

Place a Nexen and Kumho side by side.Take thumb and index finger and check the sidewall thickness and then flex it back and forth.You will go home with the Kumho. curtis

i have an extra wing rear wheel. i was thinking of turning the inside of the rim on a cnc tuning center to match the id and shape of a car rim. when la was here a couple of weeks ago i was noticing the rear radial he has on his kaw. when he leaned pulling out of my driveway it looked like the radial gave him a good contact patch. having several bikes, i'm getting tired of changing rear tires all the time. not to mention it ain't cheap. some of the wing guys are getting 50 k out of the car tires. since i have an extra wheel and i can change the rear wheel out on my wing in no time i might try it. the main thing i have against car tires is the dangerous pressure needed to seat it. if it don't fit the rim ,that to me is just not safe. la said he uses stp and it slips right on and off. i think modifying the rim so it is right is the only right and safe way to do it. :2133:

I tried to air up my Federal tire with it standing up. The wheel would drop down into the tire (not centered) and it would not seat to the wheel. I laid the wheel and tire on a barrel (horizontal) pushed the lower side of the tire down onto the wheel. This centered the tire on the wheel. I then used a band around the tire to help to get it to bead to the wheel. It only took about 75 PSI to seat the tire to the wheel.

Earl