I switched out of my factory windshield that was cut down 4" for the 21" clearview with the vent and light tint. Much smoother ride! I read a post where someone had stated that the taller the windshield equaled less buffeting. It definitely cut the buffeting by 75% at 70mph. I can now ride at 75 mph (correct speedometer) and not have the buffeting as before. The main reason I cut my factor shield down 4" was I felt like I was either trying to look over or under it. With the 21" I have no problem looking thru it. I would definitely recomment the vent, it allows alittle bit of air to come thru to damper the vacumm effect. Not sure what it'll do to my fuel mileage, but so far I'm very pleased with their product and craftmanship.

I have it on mine. It did not affect the fuel mileage at all. When you ride it in the rain you can see how the airfow spreads the wind over the entire windshield. And what a difference thet vent makes. Had a Harley rider ask me about the amount of wind I was pushing with the shield. Told him that Ventures didn't push through the wind....They glided through it.....

:Venture:

I have had the clearview with vent for a couple years now and only have 1 complaint. Every once in a while with the vent open a bug (usually good sized) hits the grill at the vent opening and gets to me already mostly splattered. It's not a real problem, just wipe the bug bits out of my beard and go on. Having the vent is worth the occassional bug though.

They may have them in stock, check their website. If not, it will take several weeks to get one because they don't make it until you order it...

I ordered my clearview windshield on April 28th and have not received it yet (seven weeks). I did get a e-mail saying it will arrive this week. When I ordered it they told me three to five weeks.:farmer:

I've been riding with the stock windshield for 4 years and it gives plenty of protection from the wind. Unfortunately, when riding in mist and fog they collect on it and as it so tall I can't see over it and in the warm weather no air gets to my full face helmet. So, this year I bought the factory 7" shorter version which allows me to see over it easily and allows plenty of ventilation to/through my helmet. Of course there is more wind noise but for the time being I'm happy with the change. Next week my wife and I are going on 1000 mile trip so that will be the proof.

:bagpipes-emoticon:

Thanks stormin54 I hope to get a comparison after your trip. I bought my bike used with no windshield ( he said he got caught in the rain & couldn't see & "thew it away" ) after hearing this I went with the factory shorter wider sheild but have nothing to compare it to .