IGNORED

C/T First Ride

Reaney in NH

Took my RSV out for a short ride (20 miles) yesterday after installing the Kumho car tire on the back. Overall I'm pleased with the handling. I'm still experimenting with air pressure. I started with 40PSI

Low speed parking lot handling is good... an improvement over the brickstone it had. In town speeds are great... handling seams nimble by comparison.

Highway speeds 60MPH seems almost crisp. Tracks good... smooth.... But feels like its a little harder to maintain a straight smooth line. I'm sure with just a little seat time I will adjust.

This reminds me of the old days when Radials were first becoming popular and I installed a set of Radials on the rear of my car and still had Bias on the front... The car handle different. The rear felt strange for awhile. I wonder if its the same thing with the bike... Is it different because its a car tire? Or is it Different because its a Radial? I really think its the Radial and my next step is to find and install a Radial Rear Motorcycle tire on the front. It will be a little while before I can afford it tho.

Anybody recommend a RADIAL tire for the front?

I don't know about a radial front tire, and I'm not sure that it matters much. One or maybe two of Y's current models has a radial MT on the back and a bias MT on the front, right out of the crate. That's what they put on them. I figure it can't be too much of a problem if the factory is doing it.

The next step on the DS is to take a rear MT and use it on the front. Rear MTs are made with almost but not quite double the amount of rubber tread on them, and for not very much more money. They'll get a lot more mileage than the standard front MTs.

Guest curtismiller

I have same tire on my RSV.Done about 250 milers on it.Felt a little different at first but now dont even think about it .40 psi felt a little quick to me.I have done most of the miles at 32.Seems if cars run 32 and we are lighter ,40 would be too much.With me on it another rider checked the profile from the rear and he liked it better with the 32 lbs. I will agree that I need many more miles to tell the story.Cruise control on a 75 down the hiway this tire is very smooth and feels good to me.Keep the bugs to the front. Curtis

I have same tire on my RSV.Done about 250 milers on it.Felt a little different at first but now dont even think about it .40 psi felt a little quick to me.I have done most of the miles at 32.Seems if cars run 32 and we are lighter ,40 would be too much.With me on it another rider checked the profile from the rear and he liked it better with the 32 lbs. I will agree that I need many more miles to tell the story.Cruise control on a 75 down the hiway this tire is very smooth and feels good to me.Keep the bugs to the front. Curtis

" Felt a Little Quick" Thats a good description of what it feels like. I will be adjusting down for the next ride. Its raining here today... Supose to clear up later.

Is the actual outside circumference larger than the normal MT ? if so, then the bike IS going faster per same readout on the speedo.

Quick in this case does not equal speed... Its more about the way the bike "feels" Coarse corrections, anti sway Etc...

Tire size is very close to the same... according to GPS Speedo is still off about 7%.