IGNORED

Rear End Reassembly

Quick question...

I'm in the middle of reassembling the rear end of my 2002 Venture. Did the hub maintenance and pulled the driveshaft to clean and lube. Managed to get the front re-inserted but my question is about the rear. How can I be sure that the grease seal slides into place in the rear differential? Do I just put it in place and tighten it up? Don't want a bad seal or ruined parts if I force it by snugging down the acorn nuts.

Thanks

Ross

Hey Ross, when you put that differential back on, like squeeze said, make sure that spring is in the opening of the driveshaft. It acts as a dampener between the shaft and the diff case. One more thing...before you torque those 4 bolts down, slide the axle through first. This will insure proper alignment of the diff.

Ruffy

All back together now. I did not pay any attention to the spring on reassembly - I think its OK. What are the symptoms if its not?

Followed the technical service bulletin on the reinstall of the rear wheel.

Thanks

Ross

Well, if you didnt have a spring left over after reassambly (like I did) then your probably ok.....:whistling:

The spring stayed stuck to the differential and I didn't pull it loose so I will ass-ume that all's well. Its raining pretty hard here today so I won't have a chance for a test ride. Gotta change the oil and coolant anyway.

Ross

Hi John

New tires, cleaned up rear end, coolant, oil change, tightened steering head...

Lots of stuff and I hope I can get it all back together in time for a test ride before the Toy Run. Hope to take part of the afternoon off work and finish it today and then leave early for tomorrow's event.

Ross