When I turn the signal on (seems like mostly left signal) and start downshifting, I notice that the signal is off before making turn. If at a stop light then I just turn them back on, but when I stop (or slow down) and it happens before I turn, then I fumble and try to turn them back on. Gives me a bad feeling that someone's going to plow into me. Is this a time thing (seems like they stay on until after I turn no matter how long I'm at a light) or something about downshifting? Any ideas? Thanks!

:confused07:

Generally self canceling signals go of when BOTH a time and distance requirement are met.

On the 1st gen the signal will self cancel after 10 seconds AND 490 feet traveled. So, you can turn the flasher on while stopped at a light and it will happily flash all day. At 60mph the signal will cancel in 10 seconds because the 490 feet is traveled in less than 6 seconds.

Often in a left turn a lane change is required. That'll use up the 490 feet just about the time you get to the intersection.

I'm in the habit of re tapping the switch after the lane change going into a turn.

The RSV is a bit different that the first gen maybe, I don't remember. The RSV is based upon speed and distance. Above a certain speed, it will turn off after a set amount of time. When you are below a certain speed, they will stay on. That is why it stays on when you turn it back on while stopped. The speeds and times are specified in the manual but I don't have it in front of me right now.

When in doubt, read the manual. They turn off when you have "both" gone 490' and 15 seconds. I'm in the habit of giving plenty of notice when turning; guess I'll have to relearn. Thanks for the answers!

When in doubt, read the manual. They turn off when you have "both" gone 490' and 15 seconds. I'm in the habit of giving plenty of notice when turning; guess I'll have to relearn. Thanks for the answers!

Thanks for the answer to that! Hubby and I both turn our signals on way before the corner. Both of our signals stop before we get to it. I'll let him know what you said.

Ya learn summpin new on here everday don't ya!