IGNORED

Valkyrie In My Furture?

KarlS

Went and picked up my windshield for the 83VR and the dealer has a very nice Black 99 Honda Valkyrie Interstate for sale. 38000 miles. Talked with the sales rep. and thought we had a out the door price agreement of $7200.00. Called him today to tell him I'm going to credit union in the morning and he said he can't remember agreeing to that price. So going back out there tomorrow and if the price is right will make a move on it. So that will mean the 83VR will be for sale. Just have to see what happens.

Went and picked up my windshield for the 83VR and the dealer has a very nice Black 99 Honda Valkyrie Interstate for sale. 38000 miles. Talked with the sales rep. and thought we had a out the door price agreement of $7200.00. Called him today to tell him I'm going to credit union in the morning and he said he can't remember agreeing to that price. So going back out there tomorrow and if the price is right will make a move on it. So that will mean the 83VR will be for sale. Just have to see what happens.

I envy you. I've owned 3 Valks and love 'em!! Always wanted an Interstate but never got one.

Art

I really like the Valkyrie. I was looking for one when I got the TD. It's probably just as well. I'd have to play that song all the time. :big-grin-emoticon:

Although, I do love the smell of motorcycle in the morning!!:scratchchin:

I particularly like the sound of the Valkyrie with 6 into 6 pipes!!!

kill the wabbit

Edited by autopilot
added soundbyte

I would like one of the red and black Valkyrie Interstates!!!!!!!

http://www.jerryeasley.com/Portals/0/valkyrie.jpg

(photo from the internet)

WICKED cool bike!!!!!!!!!

6 cylinder boxer engine.

Lots of HP.

There is a video on youtube of a guy doing a wheelie on one...

Very nice bike. I was looking at one when I bought my Venture. The turning point for me was the position of the driver footpegs. Due to the width of that beautiful engine the drivers feet are directly below him/her. It's just my preference but I really wanted the forward positioning of the floorboards that the Venture has.

Just my 2 cents.

Todd

Guest tx2sturgis
.... and he said he can't remember agreeing to that price. So going back out there tomorrow and if the price is right will make a move on it.

Thats sales speak for: "I have someone else interested, and I'm waiting to see if you'll beat his offer"...Or, he wants you to think that, without him having to say it. Or, he just wants more commission. Or maybe, since he knows you'll bite at $7200, he wants to raise it a few hundred and pocket the difference. Whatever.

Be careful...a dealer or sales staff that resorts to 'iffy' sales techniques might not provide the best in service after the sale.

There's a not so good nick name we have for this dealer up here because of their bad reputation after the sale. Seems the "out the door price" depends on if I finance through them or on my own with my credit union. The sales rep says a out the door price can't be given without a credit app filled out first even tho he wrote it on the back of his card he gave me. I figured I could bye it and never darken their doors again. The price is now $7999.00 plus. Looks like me and the 83VR are leaving on June 15th around Lake Superior as planed. I might go try one more time because it is a nice bike.

I'm no lawyer but I have always been told a verbal contract is just as legal as a written contract just harder to prove. If he wrote the drive out price down he can always deny he wrote it. To bad you don't have a witness. Bad salesman, bad, bad salesman.

Seems the "out the door price" depends on if I finance through them or on my own with my credit union.

Now there MIGHT be some validity to this since there is a LOT of money made on financing through the dealer. They may be able to fluctuate a little bit on the price since you will be paying them back (in interest) -- Because of that dealers are able to bring the 'selling' price down a little, offer you more on your trade-in [if you are trading in], or even offer you some 'free' merchandise within their store (or an oil change, or whatever). Opposed to the money they would NOT bring in through the financing that you would secure from elsewhere.

The sales rep says a out the door price can't be given without a credit app filled out first even tho he wrote it on the back of his card he gave me...

Salespeople like this turn me off from a dealership for good. The second something like that comes out of a salesperson's mouth I may argue for a minute or two about it, but that would be the deciding factor for me to walk away and never go back. I realize that something like this may be some sort of 'selling tactic' but that is just silly.

I understand that the final cost figured to the penny may need to be figured out after all of the dust settles from whatever type of financing or whatever is computed, but there is no reason they cannot ball-park out the door price (within say 50 bucks or so).

In fact, I bought a car a few months ago, and after a few minutes of back and forth with the sales rep (and eventually the 'manager' came over and talked with me directly). We went back and forth a little bit with the 'selling price' and then I basically ended up saying "Look, here is what I feel the car is worth, I have the cash and am willing to go for $xxxx out the door, if you can do that we have a deal. If not, I understand and will keep looking". The manager and the sales rep stepped back and talked about something for 5 minutes or so, came back with the paperwork and I had myself a car.

In the first conversation I had with the sales rep we talked about 'selling price' and then the 'out the door price'. That is, they had it all figured out before I had to ask (which is when I decided to just go directly to the out the door cost - instead of talking about the selling price THEN the fees, blah blah blah)

Anyways I'll stop because I think I have said enough and on top of that I am sure there are plenty of folks that disagree/disapprove of my approach, this is just my :2cents: on this situation.

Looks like me and the 83VR are leaving on June 15th around Lake Superior as planed. I might go try one more time because it is a nice bike.

I am jealous, I lived in Marquette, Michigan (right on Superior) for about 4 years and they have some amazing scenery up there. I sure do miss those summers!

Have a terrific and safe ride -- look out for those deer!

Gdspeed,

- Rick M.

Thats sales speak for: "I have someone else interested, and I'm waiting to see if you'll beat his offer"...Or, he wants you to think that, without him having to say it. Or, he just wants more commission. Or maybe, since he knows you'll bite at $7200, he wants to raise it a few hundred and pocket the difference. Whatever.

Be careful...a dealer or sales staff that resorts to 'iffy' sales techniques might not provide the best in service after the sale.

in the sales biz and especially vehicle sales, it's called "going for the BUMP" .... they low-ball ya to get you in the door and filling out forms ... then the "manager" comes in and says they can't do the deal for "that price"... the "salesman" made a mistake... etc etc... BUT... if you'll do the deal at $_____ ... etc, etc... well, you're already in there and they're gonna pressure ya, and you've already got your heart set on buying that .... hey, it works... I used to be a car salesman LOL

I would like one of the red and black Valkyrie Interstates!!!!!!!

http://www.jerryeasley.com/Portals/0/valkyrie.jpg

(photo from the internet)

WICKED cool bike!!!!!!!!!

6 cylinder boxer engine.

Lots of HP.

There is a video on youtube of a guy doing a wheelie on one...

Wow! :1hotsht:

$7200 is way below the going price for a '99 V Interstate. Especially 'out the door'. The minimum is $8000++. So selling the bike at anything close to what he quoted you would have been a big mistake on the salesman's part. I'm sure the owner reamed the guy out enough that he conviently forgot everything he said. That's another reason why, when shopping for a big purchase, that you have the money or financing already taken care of before even thinking about asking, or negotiating. It would have been nice to slap him across the face with a check for $7200 and took it home.

$7200 is way below the going price for a '99 V Interstate. Especially 'out the door'. The minimum is $8000++.

I saw the bike first on the Monday I ordered the windshield but didn't talk to anyone. I went home and looked it up on NADA and for this zip code it said it was worth high retail w/o CB $6999.00. So when I talked to the guy on Friday he said it was $7999.00. I told him what NADA said and he looked it up at his deck. Thats when he said he would go $7200.00 out the door and wrote it on the back of the card he gave me. I didn't have the cash or financing set up. This is a dealer that advertises we finance anyone and all that stuff. They just want me to go through their financing is the bottom line. If it's still there when I get back from my trip I'll talk to them. I do not NEED another bike it's just that one is VERY VERY nice.

those are super cool bikes! I have always liked them. I have had a place do that to me but the savings was enough that I did finance it with them them left and went to my bank and paid it off with the first payment. Good luck

the valk is super kewl. but i still prefer my rstd. my garage now has 2 valks (1 will get a sidecar) the other is my partner's ride. she loves hers and we both ride with the valk group too.

if you get the bike great, if not, you will find the right ride when the time is right for ya.

good luck!

There is a 99 red and black valkyrie on the athens ga craigs list the guy will let go for $7600, Its in good condition I looked at it last week before I bought my 2004 venture.

the guys number is 706-817-8797.

I prefer to buy used from private individuals so I do not have to deal with the stealership. Only one I trust is Martin Motors in Fitzgerald Ga. But he did not have a used venture..

Gregg