OK that's it, curiosity and ignorance have finally gotten the better of me.:think::bang head::doh:

I've read a lot of the posts regarding the fork brace including the big group purchase and differences/or not that it seems to make in your ride.

I must admit that I've only had my Venture for a little less than 3 months and about 7,000 km's so my experience is limited on this bike. That having been said my previous ride (for the past 23 years) was an XJ1100 Maxim - This bike didn't have a fork brace.

What is the big deal here???

In theory what does the fork brace do??:think: What is the theoretical (and practical for that matter) difference between no brace, the "weak"/OEM brace and the "stronger"/aftermarket brace that folks are purchasing?:starz:

Can someone sort me out????:starz:

The stock brace is pretty thin and slightly effective. The guy who works for us can actually take one of those and flex it with his bare hands, I have seen him do it several times for people who did not believe. With that in mind know that the Venture in full trim weighs in excess of 750 pounds and roughly 50% of this is supported by the fork tubes coming down on an angle. If you sit on your bike with full weight on the wheels/tires and shake the handle bars back and forth you will see the whole fork assembly shake and wiggle. A heavier brace will stop a huge part of the oscillations you feel when this happens on the road. Someone earlier described the forks as "spaghetti like" and that is as true a statement as I ever heard. You have several options for a newer heavier brace, Condor has some he is selling, my machine shop also makes and sells them, check the classifieds or check with Condor.

It helps a little. Front end still has flex. More importantly is better to remove both front and rear suspensions, regrease everything and adjust all bearings to spec or so they are not loose or too tight. My stopped wandering after these and new tires were installed.

1st Gen frames and suspensions are weak, check newer bikes to see how much they are improved.

I think the biggest improvement is handling in the curves. With both forks compressing as one holding an arc is greatly improved. On the straights you probably won't notice much difference between the OEM and the aftermarket...until you hit a pot hole... :) A brace, progressives, and Avons are a great combination...:sign woo hoo:

:sign yeah that:

The heavier brace does help control the flex and keeps the forks working in unison which keeps the tire running on a truer track in the curves. When I went from all stock springs, brace and tires to the CondorBrace, Progessive springs along with a new set of Venom X tire the bike became a whole new animal. One I feel I have control of.

At better than 850 lb and my 285 lb that's a lot of weight to be hanging onto when the front wheel gets goofy on ya.

Best change I made on the bike for handling.

Mike