IGNORED

Need Your Inputs

silverdeer0454

The one thing I have learned since joining this web site is the amount of knowledge contained and shared by the members. I am in the market for an intercom system because I am tired of hollering and getting punched in the side, tapped on the helmet, and ignored when I have a question of my passenger. Here is a link to the unit I am considering. Any suggestions? BTW...I have read several links about the subject but I just want to be sure.

http://www.wearecb.com/store/motorcycle-intercom-rf-limited-riderlink-st1-audio-system-p-3122.html

I have never seen or heard of that setup before. Doesn't mean it isn't good, just unknown. The price is right though.

For a system that has been proven (at least to me) look at the J&M setup. They have been around for a long time and are good folks to deal with. There product is top notch, not cheap though.

Let us know what you decide.

RR

The one thing I have learned since joining this web site is the amount of knowledge contained and shared by the members. I am in the market for an intercom system because I am tired of hollering and getting punched in the side, tapped on the helmet, and ignored when I have a question of my passenger. Here is a link to the unit I am considering. Any suggestions? BTW...I have read several links about the subject but I just want to be sure.

http://www.wearecb.com/store/motorcycle-intercom-rf-limited-riderlink-st1-audio-system-p-3122.html

I'm looking for one as well. This looks like it is within my limited budget, let us know if you order it and what you think of it.

Hey Wes,

I just ordered the system and it should be here by the end of the week. I will post feedback as soon as I have had the chance to test it. I wonder if it has a "quiet/mute" button for me to use on my spouse? hmmm...guess I will have to see.

:Im not listening to

Hey Wes,

I just ordered the system and it should be here by the end of the week. I will post feedback as soon as I have had the chance to test it. I wonder if it has a "quiet/mute" button for me to use on my spouse? hmmm...guess I will have to see.

:Im not listening to

You are working on getting back into the helmet slaps and jabs in the side, aren't you?

RR

I personally use a chatterbox frs - it has rider to passenger wired comms, rider to rider on two freq's, an input for tunes and a ptt remote. The charge lasts for quite some time but I must admit I don't know what the range is (my wife is waiting for hers to be delivered) I've had mine for years.

We have an older Chatterbox system that is wired to each other. I have had the system for years and have upgraded all the parts at one time or other. The one mod I did was to put a AAA battery box above the main box and now batteries last a long time. And when batteries get weak, I just put two more AAA's in. Since I am teathered to the passenger, I set it up so any points of connection is hard wired to the box and secured to the helmet. This keeps me from plugging to and from the box connections, making the unit last much better.

I recently bought a new box and two open face headsets for $30 from a local independent dealer because these units are now obsolete. It works great and are very light on the helmet. The wire that connects the helmets can be had from Radio Shack for a couple of bucks.

We looked at several types of systems and to go wireless was going to be over $500 so I can stand to be teathered together. I don't know about this system, but it also appears to be one that is teathered together.

RandyA

Ya'll wanna might think twice before getting an intercom. After I got headsets in the helmets (thinking the wife and I could talk about the scenery...etc..), the only phrases she ever says is: SLOW DOWN.....WATCH OUT FOR THAT CAR........THERE'S A CORNER COMING UP. SLOW DOWN...GET OFF THE YELLOW LINE...SLOW DOWN....LOOK OUT FOR THAT CAR/TRUCK/VAN/DOG.....SLOW DOWN......SLOW DOWN......I turn the intercom down so I can't hear her......:thumbsup2::thumbsup::Venture:

Related question:

When I picked up my venture, the previous owner tossed in a headset/mic set-up but just one. It plugs into the factory connector (front or rear) and the speakers work, I assume the mic works as well.

Can I buy a single matching setup that plugs into the factory connector and works with the factory system? There's no labels on the one I have.