IGNORED

Bushtec Trailer - Almost

craigatcsi

Well guys I guess I must be cheap, I ordered a kit for a flat deck 3 by 3 trailer asembled it and added a thin plywood deck (stained and poly'ed) took a roof top bag for like mini vans and basically cut a wooden square stained and poly'ed to fit inside the bag, couple eye bolts on sides of the trailer to achor bag and a huge cooler up from, total in maybe $200 and have to say LOADED with camping gear it hauled Great very lil bouncing NO swaying I guess have never hauled a high end trailer but figure why? I am happy with this and can use the money towards more road trips!! Isnt that the point? lol :sign Rock On:

I pulled a Bushtec for about 40,000 miles. I thought it was the best trailer made and the one I got at a rally was priced similar to an Escapade or some other higher end trailer. Here is a quick story. I was going down a backroad and my wife was following me on her bike. All of a sudden I see a complete brick in the road. I move a little avoid it with my two bike wheels which I was able to do. Then my wife says over the CB " All you all right?". I didn't know what she meant. Apparently the Bushtec had hit the brick and jumped about a foot in the air and off too the side about a foot. I never felt a thing and it came right back in line and trailed perfectly.

The one I had (turbo +2) didn't have a full axle, so there was lots of storage room inside. I liked the bigger tires for going over tracks and stuff as they rolled over like a motorcycle wheel. I also like their hitch, simple and better than a ball hitch. Their lids can take some getting used to getting open as they are real easy, but they seem to be waterproof.

I have had other trailers and they all seemed to work ok, but I think these are a step above the rest and you get what you pay for most of the time. I guess it would depend on how often you use it. If it is just for trip once in a while, most anything will work. If I were going to pull one a lot, then I would fork over the bucks for a better one.

I have a few friends who have the Aluma trailer and like it very well also.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I went ahead and bought the Bushtec Roadstar. - Even though I believe the price is waaay too high.

Most people I talked to on the net & in person, all said it is the 'Cadillac', etc... So I had to go for it. I pulled it approx 80ish miles home, (empty of course), and it pulled wonderful - couldn't tell it was back there. I plan to load it up with 150lbs and see what it is like.

The one thing I don't like is that I can't see the trailer in my mirrors. In my truck, I keep a watch on my boat trailer from both side mirrors. I miss that on the bike.

Do any of you have extra mirrors for this or do you just not worry about it?

craigr

Craig

I have the same issue, usualy with a little adjusting of the mirrors I can get to where I can see just a bit of it. I have thought about maybe getting a couple of flag holders and putting them on the handle, but never did more than think about it.

Craig

I have the same issue, usualy with a little adjusting of the mirrors I can get to where I can see just a bit of it. I have thought about maybe getting a couple of flag holders and putting them on the handle, but never did more than think about it.

What about a set of those little round blind spot stick on mirrors. Would that help?? I've seen some really small ones on Venture mirrors, but haven't found a source. But then again I haven't been looking very hard either... :)