IGNORED

Canadian Zumo 550 XM users

I was hoping someone could answer my questions about XM reception in Canada. I am about to purchase a Zumo 550 from Radioworld in Toronto. I will likely get the XM puck as well so I can have satelite radio and XM weather. Has anyone had experience with Radioworld? There price seems fair and they have everthing I need in stock.

Does anyone have the XM weather/traffic option in Canada? Does it meet your expectations and work in Canada?

Jim

I was hoping someone could answer my questions about XM reception in Canada. I am about to purchase a Zumo 550 from Radioworld in Toronto. I will likely get the XM puck as well so I can have satelite radio and XM weather. Has anyone had experience with Radioworld? There price seems fair and they have everthing I need in stock.

Does anyone have the XM weather/traffic option in Canada? Does it meet your expectations and work in Canada?

Jim

Did you check gpscity.ca??? They are in Alberta....good to deal with and some good prices. Might be worth a look.

randy:thumbsup2:

:thumbsup:Myself and a friend have dealt with Radio World. Have not had any problem with them at all. We both run the Zumo 550. Unfortunately we aren't hooked up to XM, so I can't help you there.

Bought my Zumo 550 and XM antenna from GPScity in Calgary. Nice people...good service. I don't subscribe to the weather or traffic so I can't you out there. Out here on the flat land you can see the weather and traffic coming for days before it gets here. :thumbsup2: I use XM all the time tho. Love it.

Nothing but good service and really good prices from RadioWorld. I bought some Powerlet accessores from them a couple of months ago and the prices were identical to the U.S. listing.

chachi

Nothing but good service and really good prices from RadioWorld. I bought some Powerlet accessores from them a couple of months ago and the prices were identical to the U.S. listing.

chachi

Ditto on Radio World. Bought my Cardo Q2 communications system from them and they had the best price anywhere. They are a huge operation when it comes to electronic gadgetry so their sales volume = good prices.They also have a special section dedicated to motorcycle electronics and mounts, so if you can make the trip to the store you can touch before you buy.:Venture:

I bought a refurbished XM antenna from Radio World and so long as you’re happy with the price you should be in good hands. I’ve also subscribed to XM radio but keep in mind that it’s geared for the US... they don’t provide Canadian weather or traffic. All considered it’s an expensive way to listen to music. I did get a bit of a break from XM when I complained that they wanted to charge me full price but couldn’t provide me full service... that’s when they offered me a seasonal rate. Six months for $65 and the other six months for free. I was also a little disappointed that they removed the Led Zeppelin and AC/DC channels. :crying:

Jim

I found an even better way to buy my Zumo 550. I went to Best Buy, and showed them Radioworld's price, which they beat by 10%. I also reccomend buying the extended warranty. The way best buy handles warranty after the fact, is to give you a full credit gift card for the value you paid for the unit. By the time the warranty is up, you will probably be able to buy the next generation Zumo, which by the way is already out, called the 660. Just my suggestion.

• 2 months later...

I have the Zumo 550 and the XM puck. I use it on the bike and in the truck all the time. The XM is great traveling on the bike and reception has been excellent. I cannot remember a time when I have lost XM reception. Have lost the GPS satellite's occasionally though .

I got mine from gpscity. the price was good, delivery quick and service excellent.