IGNORED

fixes for scratches on top of side bags

Hello again, Had one more question.

The bike I'm looking at has some pretty good scratches right on the high point of one of the sidebag covers. About 1/8in wide. Too deep to buff out.

Was wondering if anyone had suggestions on quick ways to touch up. Bike is Blue. Does Yamaha make touch up paint? Anyone ever had a cover repainted? Ideas on cost? Maybe some well-placed pinstriping?

I'm open to any/all suggestions.

Ideally cheaper would be better as we're just buying the bike.

I actually checked into buying new covers. I was told you have to buy a whole new bag, not just the cover. Quoted price was $960 for just the bag... no installation included.

That a bit steep for my means.

Thanks as always for any thoughts/advice.

Bob

Not a paint kind of answer but there was a thread around here a while back on a leather lid bra for the side tanks. Looked real nice and never scratch another one again.

Here is one link.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33645&highlight=bras

And another

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29378&highlight=bras

Edited by Snaggletooth

Hello again, Had one more question.

The bike I'm looking at has some pretty good scratches right on the high point of one of the sidebag covers. About 1/8in wide. Too deep to buff out.

Was wondering if anyone had suggestions on quick ways to touch up. Bike is Blue. Does Yamaha make touch up paint? Anyone ever had a cover repainted? Ideas on cost? Maybe some well-placed pinstriping?

I'm open to any/all suggestions.

Ideally cheaper would be better as we're just buying the bike.

I actually checked into buying new covers. I was told you have to buy a whole new bag, not just the cover. Quoted price was $960 for just the bag... no installation included.

That a bit steep for my means.

Thanks as always for any thoughts/advice.

Bob

You can buy leather lid covers for your saddlebags. I've got them on mine, and the work great!!!! Check out e-bay, or e-mail me and I'll do some legwork and get the fella's addy that did mine. He's in Florida.

randy:thumbsup:

I have always preferred leather bags over the painted ones so when I found Troy's products on Ebay I bought them. They fit great and are wearing very well. If you look at my gallery photo you can see them on my RSV. I would highly recommend Troy's leathers. :080402gudl_prv: