IGNORED

rack mount Flag Poles

Kregerdoodle

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I get mine from http://www.m-j-enterprises.com/ Quality products at fair prices.

When you are ready to get flags check out my site, http://www.timenagainphotos.com/mp_includes/pages.asp?id=1425 I can make any flag you want including custom flags. My Venture Rider flags are also there. Scroll down to view the flags individually, Prices have a nice discount for Ventur Rider members

I think you are looking for the rack for the full size flags. Look in the tech section. V7Goose (Kent) made a nice one and posted the specs. I made one from the plans and it works great!

I used those very plans and had my Flag rack made of HD aluminum....the whole rack has been powder-coated black enamel. It fits perfectly into my VentureDad trailer hitch. On the upper eyebolts of the rack I simply zip tie them to my helmet holders as that does not put a lot of stress on the helmet holders. My Flag poles are also the same material/paint as the Flag rack.

I fly the 3x5 American Flag and the 3x5 Patriot Guard Flag on all Missions.

On a Midnight Venture the whole set-up looks really sharp!

The rack/poles set me back about $400 but the PGR Missions and what we do are important to me so cost was not an issue.

Note: I put 2 extra grommets in each of the 3x5 Flags to keep them tight against the poles with zip ties. There have been times when doing a Mission where we end up on the Interstate doing speeds of 60mph....no problems at all!

• 4 months later...

If you want a really inexpensive pole then go to Lowes and purchase a 1/2" brass "split ring hanger". Then you can get a 10 carriage bolt that will fit into it. I put 2 of them on my luggage rack for less than $10.

Any body know where to get rack mount flag poles that do not cost an arm and a leg??? J&P wants $89.00 Thats alot of $$$ for what you get.. I just Joined the Patriot Guard, and really need some way to mount some flags..

My PGR flag is on my right antenna. It sits at the bottom with a zip tie keeping it from sliding up.

I've started looking into buying some basic machine shop tools and start making these. I've priced the tools ($$$) and I know I can make the parts. It's just getting the time $$ and sales.