IGNORED

Canadian sellers of aftermarket parts!

Hey folks, need some help here. I'm looking to purchase a set of aftermarket pipes and after Googling the Internet umpteen thousands of times, it seems the only sellers of any of these exhaust systems are located in the US. Does any one know of some decent Canadian dealers? I'm tired of getting screwed with the exchange rate and I'm damn pissed at the rip-off brokerage fees UPS charges (they ding you for almost the cost of the product!). There must be SOME Canadian motorcycle stores that I can pick up a set of Vance and Hines or Bubs from. Any one have any connections?

Bluez :cool17:

Oh.....PS: Slip-ons or the entire system.....which is better?

Slip-ons will do you fine if all you want to do is make a little noise. You really only need a full system if you're doing a bunch of other engine modifications and making a lot more power with it.

I don't have any Canadian dealer suggestions. Sorry. But there must be a decent one somewhere.

Hey folks, need some help here. I'm looking to purchase a set of aftermarket pipes and after Googling the Internet umpteen thousands of times, it seems the only sellers of any of these exhaust systems are located in the US. Does any one know of some decent Canadian dealers? I'm tired of getting screwed with the exchange rate and I'm damn pissed at the rip-off brokerage fees UPS charges (they ding you for almost the cost of the product!). There must be SOME Canadian motorcycle stores that I can pick up a set of Vance and Hines or Bubs from. Any one have any connections?

Bluesman, try this site: www.sixnationschoppers.com

I've dealt with them before. Pay no taxes. They can get whatever you want.

I live a couple Kms from them, let me know if I can help you.

Jopie...

Bluesman, try this site: www.sixnationschoppers.com

I've dealt with them before. Pay no taxes. They can get whatever you want.

I live a couple Kms from them, let me know if I can help you.

Jopie...

Hey Jopie, thanks a million! Great site. And it's close (well, kinda) to home. I"m in Mississauga and pass through Hagersville every Friday the 13th! Just wrote them for more info as their catalogue seems to cater only to Harleys. If they'll take care of a metric owner, the may just get my business. Wow, no taxes either. I wonder if the Feds are waiting on the outskirts to nail buyers!

Slipons are simple to.. erhm "slip on" so to speak.. I bought a set of Screaming Eagles for my RSV Midnight and it makes a nice rumbler sound.. Required a special bracket that was easy enough to find at the time.. Toss in some K&N filters and you've got some additional power and sound (shorter range though)

But I feel your pain on the UPS rape.. I've more than once refused the order at the door when presented with their outrageous fee..

http://www.motovan.com is a QC company

Best of luck!

OK...I don't know about the Canadian sources but here is what I recommend. Order what you want and have them shipped to my house for maintenance day. We'll install them while you are there. :)

Hey Freebird, almost an offer I can't refuse! *L* So tell me, where abouts you live? Could be a great excuse for a ride! (Like I NEED one, huh?) LOL

What I'e been doing is when I find something I want online beit at ShowChrome, Motovan, Kimpex, J&P Cycles, Dennis Kirk, etc I print out the page and take it to my local Yamaha dealer. I don't care where they get it from as long as I get what I want. I might pay a little more (usually not much more tho) but it saves the aggrevation of trying to find it myself in Canada. It also helps the local shop which I would hate to lose!

What I'e been doing is when I find something I want online beit at ShowChrome, Motovan, Kimpex, J&P Cycles, Dennis Kirk, etc I print out the page and take it to my local Yamaha dealer. I don't care where they get it from as long as I get what I want. I might pay a little more (usually not much more tho) but it saves the aggrevation of trying to find it myself in Canada. It also helps the local shop which I would hate to lose!

Good point on supporting the local shops...