IGNORED

Power socket on RSTD?

I did a temporary one connecting directly to the battery. I used high quality electrical tape to mount it to the bar near the seat. Unless you're looking for it, you don't see it. Nice, temporary installation until I get the stuff to do a permanent one.

Anyone do a permanent mount for a power socket using the auxiliary connection under the seat on the RSTD? Would like to mount close to the seat using a bracket. Any suggestions appreciated!

I did a permanent install on my RSTD using the plugs & sockets from this company http://www.powerletproducts.com/. There the same type that BMW use on there bikes. I bought this product at the BMW dealer.

I mounted the socket with the flip-up cover in the plastic cover behind the passenger floorboards. I never ride 2 up so I removed my floorboards. But you should be able to mount the socket with the floorboards on as the socket does not stick out very far. It is a very neat install.

I opted to make a fused wiring harness with a layer of heat shrink tubing for extra insulation and go direct to the battery because the acc. plug is very low current and I use this socket for batt. charging and a 12v air pump.

Never had any luck posting pic's here:bang head: but could email some if needed:325:

RonL, please email me the photos if you can. I am planning on doing the same thing for attaching a GPS. The website you listed is great. Thanks. (I have a 2005 RSTD)

I'll get some pics tomorrow :cool10:

ronl,

my son showed me how - use the website below and next to the "File" box you will 'Browse'..click on that box and you now get the opportunity to browse (i.e. look around in) your computer files...find the file your picture is in - once you find the picture you want to use just 'double click' on it and you will notice that back in the "File" box you will see a location - click on "UPLOAD NOW" and wait a few seconds - another screen pops up - in the" Links To Share", high light and copy the IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards...... go back to Venturrider and make a post and after you're done typing your words - 'paste' in the IMG code that you previously copied and you will see the location now in your post - go to 'preview' your post and you should see your words and your picture... now click on "submit reply" and it will be posted to the forum.....it sounds complicated but once you've done it several times it's a breeze....good luck

[url=http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload][/url]http://tinypic.com/

I bought an Emgo Cigarette lighter power source on ebay. Mounted it on the handlebar as shown. Ran the wires direct from battery, under gas tank and alongside the handlebar. put the wires in loom and put the fuse alongside the handlebar where it's not really seen, but easy to get to. Works good for me, was good for lighting smokes until I quit six weeks ago.

This thread reminded me that I need to add a battery tender/power outlet to my RSTD. I have a Deltran battery tender that I use with my Triumph and I mounted to the battery a pigtail with 7.5 amp fuse and covered 2pin outlet which is tie wrapped to the frame under the seat. I also have a small powered air pump which uses the same SAE 2-pin plug.

I just found a source on ebay for the SAE 7.5 amp 2pin socket / fuse / pigtail for $8 shipped, which I will add to my Royal Star.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/solarcapitalist

don't get the 3amp version.

Ok, I will give this pic stuff a try.

The left side of the bike is the power socket and the right side is a switch I added to turn power to the front of the bike on & off.

The silver backing is some chrome tape I tryed,:mad: will be buying the real thing shortley.:mo money:

Hope these post ok:bang head:

ronl,

my son showed me how - use the website below and next to the "File" box you will 'Browse'..click on that box and you now get the opportunity to browse (i.e. look around in) your computer files...find the file your picture is in - once you find the picture you want to use just 'double click' on it and you will notice that back in the "File" box you will see a location - click on "UPLOAD NOW" and wait a few seconds - another screen pops up - in the" Links To Share", high light and copy the IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards...... go back to Venturrider and make a post and after you're done typing your words - 'paste' in the IMG code that you previously copied and you will see the location now in your post - go to 'preview' your post and you should see your words and your picture... now click on "submit reply" and it will be posted to the forum.....it sounds complicated but once you've done it several times it's a breeze....good luck

http://tinypic.com/

Thanks for the help, I printed some of the posting info from the FAQ's on the site.:o

By the way!!! I received your bracket Mon. :D:D:happy65::happy65::happy65:

Thanks for the help, I printed some of the posting info from the FAQ's on the site.:o

By the way!!! I received your bracket Mon. :D:D:happy65::happy65::happy65:

that is one nice & clean installation - might try that myself !

Buz