IGNORED

ICON Mil Spec Mesh Vest

Black Owl

Does anyone here use the ICON MIL SPEC Mesh Vest?

I just received my order and there seems to be a problem with the sizing.

As I intend to wear it over my Ballistics jacket, I ordered the 4X size.

Now, I realize that, like everything else today, it is manufactured in China. But this was ridiculous.

I couldn't even zip the thing up wearing just a tee shirt.

If this is a 4X, it must be a made for a 4X Barbie doll.

Has anyone else had a problem with the 4X size? OR does the world just like to pick on me???

They run real small. I don't get it either. Mine just says "SuperSize" but it was the largest one they had in the shop. Depending on the jacket I wear, I can't always zip it up, even though I opened up the side strings.

Edited by Two Tone White

I went to leather shop down here a few months ago. They had a jacket I was interested in so I decided to try it on. I wear an XL so I started there. You could tell by looking at it on the rack it was to small. So I tried a XXL without any luck so I tried a XXL which was the largest they had and I couldn't even get the thing on.:confused24:

They run real small. I don't get it either. Mine just says "SuperSize" but it was the largets one they had in the shop. Depending on the jacket I wear, I can't always zip it up, even though I opened up the side strings.

Yah... That's the one I ordered. Me thinks the SS really stands for Super Small.

Right now I am trying to track down the manufacturer of the ICON gear to give them a piece of my mind on their sizing.

I know Rick, not a whole lot left to give away... but it really frustrates me as to how folks are sizing things.

I have one and I just bought flat elastic fabric band 1/4 inch wide that you get in the fabric department of Wal Mart and replaced the shoe string they have holding the sides together. It works great for me. Stretches good and keeps the vest snug against me no matter what I am wearing.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it quite ironic that you would have a major problem with your vest. I purchased an icon milspec "instructor" vest last year. It says "supersize" but it seems to me that it's a one size fits all. the front and back panel are joined together with a sort of bungee cord lace on each side that allows for expansion. I'mm not a small guy but it fits me.

Hey, Russ

guys like you and me arent fat ot portly, we are what you call "circumfirentially challenged" :rotfl::think: and the outerwear manufacturers need to wake up and start making clothes that fit right on us "real men":whistling:

LOL!

Brian