IGNORED

Doubling up clutch spring.

uncledj

I'm needing new clutches in my 87 standard...getting some slippage when I goose it a bit. I ordered a clutch kit and replacement spring from Buckeye Performance (nice people, fair prices). I spoke with Rick and asked him what I should do to get a little bit tougher clutch, and his suggestion was OEM clutches, and a new wave spring, suggesting that I double up the spring, new one on top of the old one to stiffen up the clutch. He warned that it'd make the lever stiffer, but didn't think it'd be a problem. He seemed to know what he was talkin' about, and I trust him, but I was just curious if anyone has tried this, and what the result was. I'm planning on setting it up to ride two up, sometimes with a trailer, and want a pretty solid clutch.

Hopin' to get some input from someone who's been there, done that.:12101:

Yeah,

It will work just fine and you WILL NOT have to worry about fiber plates slipping until they are completely worn out. Now it will help if you milked cows as a young teen because you will need a hefty grip to pull the clutch in. But it's not really that bad as I did it for many years on my 93 before I discovered the heavier PWC clutch pressure plate.

Rick

Thanks Y'all. Im not too worried about a stiffer clutch, I've got a pretty good grip so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm lookin' forward to this new clutch system....I hope it doesn't make me beat the bike up too much testing it out.:missingtooth: