IGNORED

tire balancing beeds

Reed

Has any one tryed Dyna beads in there tires for balancing? I read the post that some were trying it but not much info was there. 1000 miles or less. has any one used it for the life of a tire & how did it work? would you use it again?:bang head::mo money:

Guest BluesLover

A buddy used them on his Gold Wing last year. Claims that he got longer wear from the new tire because of them.

I'm going to try them the next time I have to replace rubber on the bike.

Cheers,

I am using them in my tires on the bike and it is the best balance i have ever had on any bike. I can comfortably take my hands of the handle bars and there is no wobble at all. I also have taken the rotor covers off and I know there was a weight on one of them as well and i can not tell any difference in riding. I really like them because they can't fall off and allow the tire to get out of balance, also if you pic up a rock or anything to change the balance they will move to re balance the tire. They can be used over and over as well.

I was told by a local shop that you couldn't use the beads in a wheel that had a 90 degree valvle stem like our rears. Is that true? I couldn't see what difference it would make. I am seriously thinking about trying them.

DT

I was told by a local shop that you couldn't use the beads in a wheel that had a 90 degree valvle stem like our rears. Is that true? I couldn't see what difference it would make. I am seriously thinking about trying them.

DT

Valve stem has nothing to do with it. It is slightly harder to put beads in a 90 degree valve, but i just keep tapping on the stem with a screw driver as the beads flow in. No problem really. :)

DT

the valve stem has to have enough room for the filtered valves they provide on their site. The filtered valves keep the beads from coming out of the stem when checking tire pressure, etc. I just put them in my trailer tires. The trailer tires require 1oz. each. The front/rear tires on a 2nd gen. needs 2 oz. I put a vibrating sander against the valve stem to get them to flow into it.

Valve stem has nothing to do with it. It is slightly harder to put beads in a 90 degree valve, but i just keep tapping on the stem with a screw driver as the beads flow in. No problem really. :)

Can they be put in with the wheel on the bike or does it have to be removed and place horizontally?

DT

I am surprised, that this has 2 pages, and no one has posted a link to the site yet? Or any resources to buy this product? Somebody is slipping :whistling:. If you are putting them in with a new tire, could you not just toss the beads in before mounting? Or do you have to add them through a valve stem for some reason? Sounds like a property of physics that this product uses, to find the lightest spot on the tire. Do these beads balance the tires by themselves, or just supplement regular lead weight balances?

Ask and ye shall receive....here it is http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.html, do a dealer search, couple in the Toronto area. Product seems to perform as advertised. Valve stem method is probably used due to the beads being very small. I would think that you would stand a good chance of losing a lot of them when you were seating the bead. Not that difficult to do and and engraving tool vibrating agains the valve stem helps to keep them moving, tube clogs up pretty quick without it.

I have never used them in my bike... but I plan to on the next tire change. But, I would like to add this.

I have a Suzuki Samurai with 35" Tires. Tires that large are hard to balance correctly and my constant use off road would knock off the wheel wieghts. I added Dyna beads 2 years ago and never looked back. They work AWESOME.

I still don't understand the physics of it... but I can't argue with success.. they work.

Fromt the table on the web site it appears that you would need to use 2 oz per wheel. Is that correct? I have a daler near me and I plan to install some this weekend.

DT

2oz per tire seems right. I think that's what I was using on the voyager

:)

Go to the web sit. there is a chart that tells how much to put in any size tire. most ventures take 2 oz. ber tire. pickup tires 5oz. big truck 16oz. some have used 2 lbs in pulling trucks. take your pick. I just ordered 4oz.for my bike & 20 oz for my pickup. will see if it helps?????? Thanks for info. MORE LATER on what I find out.:think:

Dyna Beads

I just installed 2 oz in each tire tonight and I rode a couple of miles down the road. At 70 mph I pulled the clutch and let it coast and the bike was perfectly smooth. Initial impressions are that this is good modification.

Dennis