IGNORED

Another electrical question

I noticed today when I stopped to talk with a friend and started the bike back up it didn't spin the engine like it usually does. I then noticed that it wasn't charging like it usually does. When I left his house the bike immediately started charging the way it always does and did so all the way home till I went to put it in the garage, and then it started doing the same thing again, not charging the way it always did before. I just read the stator post and am wondering if it could be the connection that goes into the voltage regulator, or is this a symptom of the stator going out. I replaced one stator on a Suzuki Cavalcade, was not a fun job. Louie

I noticed today when I stopped to talk with a friend and started the bike back up it didn't spin the engine like it usually does. I then noticed that it wasn't charging like it usually does. When I left his house the bike immediately started charging the way it always does and did so all the way home till I went to put it in the garage, and then it started doing the same thing again, not charging the way it always did before. I just read the stator post and am wondering if it could be the connection that goes into the voltage regulator, or is this a symptom of the stator going out. I replaced one stator on a Suzuki Cavalcade, was not a fun job. Louie

The stator won't start charging until it gets above 2000rpm. Checking the white wires wouldn't hurt, but I suspect the battery's going....

It would be the first place I would look.